Hello | GTAMotorcycle.com

Hello

looplise

Hi, I'm new to riding and being on the road in general (I know... experience driving a car would've been ideal).

I got my M1 last Spring, M2 last summer and finally had the courage to buy a bike this year; 2015 Honda CB300FA.

I'm in the process of buying some armour though. I only own a helmet at the moment. If you have any suggestions, that would be great. I'm a petite female and a jacket that has ventilation and protection would be ideal, especially in the summer as I get hot easily. Are separate riding boots necessary? Why are there so many different types of gloves - what's best?

I don't really know much about bikes or vehicles, or have friends who ride so I'm super new and learning as I go along.

There's some stuff floating around in the classifieds right now that should be your size, I would start there. I can't really help with gloves, as I'm still trying to find what I like best, but I have about 6 or 7 pairs right now. Also, I used to ride without motorcycle specific boots, but since I have made the switch, I would never go back. There's the spring show this weekend, if you can go there will be plenty of vendors and you should be able to try different things.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

And, welcome to the forum!

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Welcome

What color is your bike?

Spring show is awesome to try on different gear and see how they feel...fit and comfort

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Welcome!
Wheelie.gif

Go to the motorcycle show at the Airport Convention Center this weekend and you'll see everything you need to know and buy by the dozens all under one roof. And the deals will be very good. Drop by the GTA booth for advice and drop by the LetsJustRide.ca booth for advice, too.

If you want to get a sense of the type of gear that's out there, and how things fit, check out leatherup.com and revzilla.com. I found both sites have a lot of product choices, and Revzilla also has videos talking about features and fit of many products. I have purchased several things from leatherup.com and I bought a sweater that I saw on Revzilla from someone on Ebay since I really liked it but it was discontinued by the manufacturer.

Thanks for your feedback everyone! It's too bad I couldn't make It to the shoe over the weekend - it would've been the perfect opportunity to try out stuff.

@abkdt41 my bike is white. I think the cb300f only comes in white, but I could be wrong.

Last edited:
Thanks for your feedback everyone! It's too bad I couldn't make It to the shoe over the weekend - it would've been the perfect opportunity to try out stuff.

Depends on where you're located but there are lots of shops where you can try gear on. Try on different types of jackets, figure out if you prefer leather or textile. I have three jackets, a Speed & Strength leather jacket, a Dainese textile and a Spidi mesh jacket. Each serves a different purpose depending on temperatures/rain/etc. With gloves, you can get short gloves (more comfort/range of motion), gauntlet (go up over your jacket, provide more protection) or a mid-cut glove. Again, I have different gloves and choose different ones depending on where & how I'm planning to ride (gauntlets for more spirited rides, mid cut for general commuting). Then there are pants as well from armoured jeans to textile or leather rising pants. Also footwear is important. Probably worth your time to dedicate an afternoon and go in to try some things on and figure out how much it's all going to cost. Even if you don't buy anything, you'll have a good shopping list that you can start with.

Back
Top Bottom