Anybody Know The Different Track Lengths at Grand Bend? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Anybody Know The Different Track Lengths at Grand Bend?

tgold

I'm looking to get a rough idea of the track lengths so I have a little bit of an estimate of fuel mileage during the races.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

I'm looking to get a rough idea of the track lengths so I have a little bit of an estimate of fuel mileage during the races.

Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Easy way is start with tank empty. Then Friday morning practice put 12 Litres in do 12 laps, syphon what ever is left over. This will give you a ball park what you will need per layout. Remember to have a little extra for race pace and any possible delays with out fuel up option.
Canadian tire sells transfer syphon for $6.00

Thanks for the suggestions, 49over. I would do that if I were doing the sprints, but I'm focusing primarily on the endurance races. I'm trying to figure out if a full dry break system is worth the hassle to install. Sub 10 second fuel stops are cool, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort when it looks like we'll be doing at the most one stop for fuel. It's a 250 Ninja.

Thanks for the suggestions, 49over. I would do that if I were doing the sprints, but I'm focusing primarily on the endurance races. I'm trying to figure out if a full dry break system is worth the hassle to install. Sub 10 second fuel stops are cool, but I'm not sure it's worth the effort when it looks like we'll be doing at the most one stop for fuel. It's a 250 Ninja.

Oh fill it full. We run about an hour on all layouts on a tank of fuel. (GSXR-1000)

The SOAR events use the following -Long Track 2.8kms, Technical track 2.25kms, Modified Track 1.8kms, Screaming Alien approx.2.0kms.

Hopefully we'll go a little longer than that on a 250 Ninja. Just don't know if it'll be one fuel stop or two.

We ran a ninja 250 a couple of years ago, only need to add fuel once.

We ran a ninja 250 a couple of years ago, only need to add fuel once.
and the riders were shape challenged

Not worth doing a dry break system, those quick fuel jugs work well

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Factory Fuel Gauge-Go buy a piece of dowel,then empty the tank,,with tank on bike. Add one liter of fuel ,put dowel in lowest part of the tank every time and mark on the dowel.Repeat until tank is full. At track add fuel,, measure on your dowel ,,do laps record the number of laps and measure fuel used. This way you never drain the tank trackside.
But remember a race with no body to ride with will use less fuel then if you are dicing with someone.Also if you lap time changes so does fuel consumption.

Back
Top Bottom