Panama Papers | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Panama Papers

Using predatory capitalist business practices, corporations buying politicians, sending North American companies to China and other Asian hotspots and dodge taxes. But hey, I can buy a cheap Chinese Adventure bike with my low wage student debt left overs. There is so much wrong where the hard working albeit pop culture lobotomized plantation workers get told by the lower middle class haves: get a job punk.

Last edited:
In the short run a few people will be embarrassed. Perhaps they'll lose their jobs. In the long run nothing will change because the people who would have to be behind the changes, are on this list.

In the short run a few people will be embarrassed. Perhaps they'll lose their jobs. In the long run nothing will change because the people who would have to be behind the changes, are on this list.

Unfortunately this is the truth.

It's too complex of an issue for the popular media to properly attack and can't be broken down into 5 second soundbites. Because if that, it will fade from the spotlight within a week or two and then it will be business as usual.

I will give credit to Trudeau on calling for more transparency (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trudeau-offshore-tax-evasion-1.3523347), but once again, nothing will happen.

Last edited:
You mean to tell me vladimir putin was putting money away in off short accounts? I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING!!!

Please, everyone knows that this happens.

Now Jackie Chan..... that is a surprise lol, how much money does he have?

You mean to tell me vladimir putin was putting money away in off short accounts? I DID NOT SEE THAT ONE COMING!!!

Please, everyone knows that this happens.

Now Jackie Chan..... that is a surprise lol, how much money does he have?

Don't confuse Chan's on screen persona to his real life one. He owns a lot of theaters in China, not to mention a lot of side businesses. His reported net worth puts him around $350 Million USD.

Guys, just because someone's name appears in the documents doesn't mean they were up to illegal or shady activity. Some might not even know they're listed and just have their accountants handle it for them.

Well, maybe it does actually. I haven't heard any argument suggesting so, and I don't know enough about the world of offshore banking to say if it's all rotten or not. I just wouldn't go jumping to conclusions about people based solely on these 'papers'.

Why does anybody need to bank outside the countries they do business in? Huh? Tell me that! If top CFL players took there $60G pay checks to Zimbobway damn right that would set off red flares. And rightfully so.

Guys, just because someone's name appears in the documents doesn't mean they were up to illegal or shady activity. Some might not even know they're listed and just have their accountants handle it for them.

Well, maybe it does actually. I haven't heard any argument suggesting so, and I don't know enough about the world of offshore banking to say if it's all rotten or not. I just wouldn't go jumping to conclusions about people based solely on these 'papers'.

The whole thing might be completely on the up-and-up, for most people listed. It's still slimy when someone like a politician says that you have to be a good citizen and pay your taxes, then uses loopholes to avoid them himself.

Unfortunately this is the truth.

It's too complex of an issue for the popular media to properly attack and can't be broken down into 5 second soundbites. Because if that, it will fade from the spotlight within a week or two and then it will be business as usual.

I will give credit to Trudeau on calling for more transparency (http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/trudeau-offshore-tax-evasion-1.3523347), but once again, nothing will happen.

+1 The great unwashed couldn't recognize the difference between tax havens and Nigerian scams.

They are like monkeys trained to get fed by pushing a key on a computer. They push the key but have no idea of how things really work and what safeguards are programmed in to prevent too much monkey chow being dispensed. As long as they get a few treats they don't smash the computer.

The whole thing might be completely on the up-and-up, for most people listed. It's still slimy when someone like a politician says that you have to be a good citizen and pay your taxes, then uses loopholes to avoid them himself.

Yep. Listening to D. Cameron cracks me really up .... but it was not him, it was his dirty dad who open the account and filled it with money and then had his son to become politician who was preaching fairness and honesty to his sheep. Disgusting ...

Why does anybody need to bank outside the countries they do business in?
They don't bank outside of countries they do business in. The do 'business' in countries that are tax havens. The U.S. Virgin Islands for example have about 16 corporations per capita. Suffice to say, the corporations are foreign owned.

Not really ... There's no business generally done in such countries .... Or you think someone like Pfizer sells any notable amounts of drugs to a population in Panama or wherever teir tax haven is???

Not really ... There's no business generally done in such countries .... Or you think someone like Pfizer sells any notable amounts of drugs to a population in Panama or wherever teir tax haven is???

Panama is the richest country in Central America due to revenue from the Panama Canal.

They don't bank outside of countries they do business in. The do 'business' in countries that are tax havens. The U.S. Virgin Islands for example have about 16 corporations per capita. Suffice to say, the corporations are foreign owned.

I read something like thousands of corporations listed for one address. So clearly an efficient use of office space. Nothing unusual here, move along.

There's a reason I put do 'business' in quotation marks. Everyone knows that they're not actually moving any goods or services in or out of the countries. The business they're doing is laundering and evasion.

I read something like thousands of corporations listed for one address. So clearly an efficient use of office space. Nothing unusual here, move along.
They have corporation creation and registration setup like an assembly line. In many regards other countries could learn from these places with regard to efficiency.

Panama is the richest country in Central America due to revenue from the Panama Canal.

Irrelevant to what I have posted ..... because I assume you also know, it's a rich country where almost 50% of people are poor or extremely poor. In another words, the wealth is in the hands of very very few and as such all these companies have no reason to do a legitimate business there, accept to launder their money.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom