Advanced Driver training | GTAMotorcycle.com

Advanced Driver training

In order to find the false premise, extrapolate: If more training made things worse then less training should make things better, and best of all would be no training at all.

That doesn't seem like a good idea, and it fails the common sense test.

What it really means is that the "advanced training" that WAS provided, was focusing on the wrong things.

In order to find the false premise, extrapolate: If more training made things worse then less training should make things better, and best of all would be no training at all.

That doesn't seem like a good idea, and it fails the common sense test.

What it really means is that the "advanced training" that WAS provided, was focusing on the wrong things.
That testing method doesn't always work.
In basketball shooting too high is pretty much the same as shooting too low.
Sometimes there's a sweet spot right in the middle.

But I agree.
The training gave them false confidence, which in turn made them cocky.
Don't get cocky.

The amount of training provided to drivers today is in no way close to any optimum.

Some aspects of car control might be appropriate in "advanced driver training" but staying out of trouble in traffic ought to be a higher priority.

Slow the F down
Drive according to road conditions
Only merge if your 100% sure you car fits in the hole

There, advanced driving all looked after

What's that, a bit of knowledge leads to overconfidence in teens? Impossible!

Kinda why 2nd year riders have lots of accidents. They figure they have the beginner bug beat and push it a bit more.

Kinda why 2nd year riders have lots of accidents. They figure they have the beginner bug beat and push it a bit more.
A study I saw said, third year as well. That might be the ones that start small and then upgrade in year two.

"Correlation does not equal causation"

You can get trained on advanced driving all you want but if you don't use the right skills at the right time and in the right place then the training is useless.

With young drivers especially they probably think that because they are trained in advanced driving that they can speed and do dangerous maneuvers anywhere, and they'll inevitably end up doing it where other drivers aren't expecting it or they'll do it where the road is not designed for such things.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

With young drivers especially they probably think that because they are trained in advanced driving that they can speed and do dangerous maneuvers anywhere, and they'll inevitably end up doing it where other drivers aren't expecting it or they'll do it where the road is not designed for such things.

Wait wait wait...so you're saying the road is NOT my personal race track? Buy my skills are so advanced that it's all the other drivers' fault...not mine! I'm better than all the other idiots on the road...

I'm actually looking to take some advanced driving courses, but mainly to learn how to GTFO of a bad situation...not create one.

People think that a little bit of skill in anything makes them an expert.

Back
Top Bottom