Aviva or Allstate? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aviva or Allstate?

Krime

Site Supporter
I just started looking around for new rates pending the anticipation of my supersport rate increase with SF.

Looking at a 4 vehicle group discount, both initial quotes are relatively comparable between Aviva and Allstate. I want to go with the best company in the long-run which to me = rates that aren't known to raise significantly after your initial year, and a claim process that is known to be relatively smooth and fair.

I've been spoiled having a great agent at SF since the start of my riding/driving career over 14 years ago.

Interesting fact - I just learned that Aviva bought RBC insurance 2 months ago.

Allstate is a direct writer. I would shop with a broker as they have access to more companies to get quotes from.

Granted many brokers have preferred companies to direct business but they are pretty good at determining where the best price is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Allstate is a direct writer. I would shop with a broker as they have access to more companies to get quotes from.

Granted many brokers have preferred companies to direct business but they are pretty good at determining where the best price is for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So far Allstate is the cheapest likely because there are no brokerage markups which are around 12-15%.
Both agent and broker I've dealt with so far have been great, I'll likely speak with anther broker to get one more quote before making my decision.

If there's no clear affinity from current policy holders towards either of the companies mentioned, I'll go with the cheapest rate.

I've been with Allstate for years now (home and car), I did have to call them this year because my car insurance went up $700 a year. After 10 minutes I had it cheaper than the previous year. I have had to make a few claims the last two years (rear ended getting off the highway and got backed into in a parking lot) and they were dealt with very quickly, the service has been good. I just got my first bike ('03 SV650S), just got my M1, M2 course this weekend and they gave me the cheapest rates, $772 per year.

I've been with Allstate for years now (home and car), I did have to call them this year because my car insurance went up $700 a year. After 10 minutes I had it cheaper than the previous year. I have had to make a few claims the last two years (rear ended getting off the highway and got backed into in a parking lot) and they were dealt with very quickly, the service has been good. I just got my first bike ('03 SV650S), just got my M1, M2 course this weekend and they gave me the cheapest rates, $772 per year.

That's great to hear, thanks for this.

I just got my statefarm renewal and it went from $1250-$2080 for my gsxr 1000. I'm probably one of the lucky ones as I've heard and was expecting even worse.

At Allstate my rate for the gsxr is ridiculously low when packaged with multiple vehicles. $990 full coverage, $780 if I remove collision coverage which I would, and $580 if I remove comprehensive. Now that's realistic coverage for a 12 year old bike.

I recently called both. FYI, as of Friday this week, Aviva will not be doing direct quotes any longer and you MUST go through a broker.

I'm a first rider, 30+ and the Allstate quote was MUCH better. They're just verifying it at the moment, so I'm not sure if I'll be getting it yet.

Allstate - 1390/yr
Aviva - 3217/yr

Full coverage, 12 CBR600.

Hope this helps.

I recently called both. FYI, as of Friday this week, Aviva will not be doing direct quotes any longer and you MUST go through a broker.

I'm a first rider, 30+ and the Allstate quote was MUCH better. They're just verifying it at the moment, so I'm not sure if I'll be getting it yet.

Allstate - 1390/yr
Aviva - 3217/yr

Full coverage, 12 CBR600.

Hope this helps.

I actually went through a broker for the Aviva quote last week. I didn't think there was an option to call directly as I couldn't get a direct line for quotes from their website. I just signed with Allstate. My gsxr 1000 was quoted at $1400 with Aviva and $990 with Allstate. I modified my coverage and brought it down to $760 for near full coverage.

The cars were slightly more with Allstate than Aviva, but the home insurance was less again with Allstate. Overall I saved about $500 with Allstate vs. Aviva and almost $2000 from Allstate vs. statefarm.

I actually went through a broker for the Aviva quote last week. I didn't think there was an option to call directly as I couldn't get a direct line for quotes from their website. I just signed with Allstate. My gsxr 1000 was quoted at $1400 with Aviva and $990 with Allstate. I modified my coverage and brought it down to $760 for near full coverage.

The cars were slightly more with Allstate than Aviva, but the home insurance was less again with Allstate. Overall I saved about $500 with Allstate vs. Aviva and almost $2000 from Allstate vs. statefarm.

Awesome, good job! I remember when I bought my bike in Nov 15, Statefarms rate at the time was awesome! 120 a mth. I called them up to put the bike on the road a few weeks back and almost had a heart attack, 450/mth! Insanity.

Awesome, good job! I remember when I bought my bike in Nov 15, Statefarms rate at the time was awesome! 120 a mth. I called them up to put the bike on the road a few weeks back and almost had a heart attack, 450/mth! Insanity.

Yes that is insanity. the rate you've hopefully locked in with Allstate sounds really reasonable. We're both fortunate we're over 30. Had this merge happened 2+ years ago I would have been SOL.

Back
Top Bottom