It's Spring...right? | GTAMotorcycle.com

It's Spring...right?

My commute was good, just about 1" earlier. But right now there is a good 8" outside and still snowing just as hard as it was 6 hours ago. The plow trucks are out! I think the this is the last of the snow, but ****** temps until mid-May honestly.

Yes, it's Spring. I'll be out practicing in a parking lot on the weekend. My commute downstairs to the computer, was awesome, although I'm a little peckish now.

The news says 500 collisions reported last night and today.
Wth? It's not like it just started snowing without warning.
500 ... this is a good case for insurance companies to make driving in winter conditions part of getting license.
think about saving the kids

Wth? It's not like it just started snowing without warning.
500 ... this is a good case for insurance companies to make driving in winter conditions part of getting license.
think about saving the kids
dont give them any more fuel to jack rates for any reason...

I'm wondering what the snow tire/no snow tire split is and what it means.

I just got finished "summer-izing" my machines, but I'm tempted to pull one out too!

Heh. I had my 'blower summerized a week or so ago. Today I opened the petcock, refilled the bowl and ran through half a tank of stabilized fuel this morning. Blech.

As per the snow tire debate, I think I have an answer.
The insurance companies I have been calling all ask me if I have winter tires for my car therefore they have decided it's a safety benefit to reduce accidents.
snow tires = lower rate

The insurance companies I have been calling all ask me if I have winter tires for my car therefore they have decided it's a safety benefit to reduce accidents.
snow tires = lower rate
5% discount, every insurance company is required to offer that discount in ontario if you have snow tires.

snow tires = lower rate

Yeah, that 5% discount is really making people rush out to get snow tires...when in reality the discount doesn't even pay for maybe 1/3 of one tire (not to mention the other 3 tires, 4 rims, mounting, etc) for your average policy.

I run snowtires, but the discount is a joke IMHO. Better than a kick in the balls, but if the idea behind it was to get people who might otherwise not bother with them to go out and get equipped, good luck with that.

People forget it snows in April almost every year. Here is a shot of my backyard from April 24, 2012.
attachment.php

No commute for me as I'm currently between retirement jobs at the ski hill and golf course.

Attachments

• SANY0385 (1).jpg
    SANY0385 (1).jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom