Dealer Fined $5,000.00 | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Dealer Fined $5,000.00

It's one thing if they went out and bought the bike and were fully aware of the previous use/damage, it's another if it was traded in and they just assumed that all was well.

They could have forgotten to pull a carfax/carproof report or they could have done it completely on purpose.

I wasn't there but I wouldn't call them out on anything until I have all my facts straight.

I doubt GP Bikes buys out of province bikes to resell in Ontario but I could be wrong.

Not trying to be a dick, but isn't the fine an indicator here?

Weighing this secondhand experience against actual experiences with other dealers... still going to GP

GP Bikes was buying a lot of used machines from Quebec, where the consumer protection rules are a lot different.
It sounds like they got caught out on this one.

GP Bikes was buying a lot of used machines from Quebec, where the consumer protection rules are a lot different.
It sounds like they got caught out on this one.

+1 they knew what they were doing.:violent1:

I wouldn't define this as "no biggie". A dealer knows the rules inside out on disclosure, and know what to look for. This isn't just a "goof up". The $5000 dollar fine speaks volumes. It would be pretty difficult to have not noticed that the bike was from out of province when it had a Quebec ownership.

Easy to dismiss this when you weren't the purchaser.

What about failing to disclose the bike was friggin daily rental? Miss that too?

Long overdue, this time caught with hands in the cookie jar. J probably took his usual stance with the customer rather then taking back the bike and all it cost him was a 5k fine. What does he care.

You guys keeps supporting him, lol. You think this will impact his business one iota? There are no bike dealerships of his size or depth near him. That is the problem and he knows it.

He is laughing all the way to GP..

BB

well, they must be doing something right if they're able to keep in business while other places are shutting down left and right. No place is 100% perfect or without fault. Always up to you as a buyer to do your due diligence and vote with your wallet.

Never went to them for bikes but I did/do buy a lot of gear from them. Never had an issue with them for gear, and normally they are fantastic (aside from a noob I got one time who didn't even know their policies).

I've had terrific customer service at GP. Not very impressed with their track days though. Now this?

It seems like their corporate values either are either undefined or not uniformly applied. Good to keep in mind when shopping there.

Two weeks tomorrow GP has had the rims off my wifes bike, still waiting for the phone call indicating they're ready for pickup. They ordered the tires, they arrived last Wednesday...and they discovered they didn't have the tubes. Said they'd order the tubes and get things finished up ASAP.

Off topic, but frankly, kinda disappointed in things so far. The price was right, they came within a few dollars of online, and in all honesty I'm not in a huge rush to get them back anyways as I'm not putting the bike on the road for another 2 weeks, but had I actually been in a rush I'd have been loosing my mind by now having a bike down for two weeks for what was supposed to be a simple change of rubber.

There's no way I'd be waiting 2 weeks to install tires. I'd pick them up if I were you and get it done somewhere else or tell them to give you installs for free at least. Off the vehicle installs are so damn quick and easy.

++ Glen at Flying Squirrel. Albeit, I had bought my own tubes and rim strips,

I had planned to buy the tires and tubes from canadasmotorcycle and then take them somewhere to get them installed, but that seemed like a bit of a dick move to do to a shop...and when GP ended up quoting me nearly the same price for everything I figured it would be less hassle to just have them do it all at that point and give them the business on the tires/tubes as well. It was also an opportunity to give them a second chance after my initial poor experience there in the fall.

I called and left a slightly perturbed voicemail last night.. I'll see if they call me back today. I have a sneaky suspicion that the work was actually completed last week and they just didn't actually call me.

Just to followup on this, the tires were indeed done last week and it was written on my invoice that they had called. I didn't get a call on my cell and if they called my home line they didn't leave a voicemail, but regardless, I'll chock it up to a missed connection, not their fault.

Picked them up today, all good. Was nice to see they had included the old tubes in the boxes for the new ones as proof that they had indeed done the work.

I doubt GP Bikes buys out of province bikes to resell in Ontario but I could be wrong.

Of course they do. I have nothing against GP bikes, but of course they buy out of province bikes. Just like all other dealers who were stuffing their space with American bikes when our $ was par or better. I spoke with the owners of 3 very prominent dealers, they all admitted to me quite frankly that they buy tons of American bikes. To me it doesn't matter where the bike comes from, its that a damaged and heavily used bike was sold to a person without telling them about any of it. That is a real shock to me that GP would do that. Changes my perspective about that store a little, never would have expected that.

I think this is just a case of someone didn't do there homework and got caught. GP has been a pretty respectable dealer for a long time, I don't think that he would want to jeopardize his relations with Ducati/Triumph for 1 used bike. Someone goofed!

I have to agree here. I have been doing business with them since they first opened in the Ajax plaza. Never had anything but good experiences, I even bought a bike from them in 2002, no problems. I think it's just that, "somebody goofed" like somebody else said, nobody is 100% perfect.

Back
Top Bottom