The Whitby dealer was fined $5,000 for

non-compliant disclosure of a vehicle’s

out-of-province status, accident-repair

history and former daily rental history

in both advertisements and in writing

on bills of sale. ***** was also

ordered to attend and complete the
OMVIC Certification Course.

According to the OMVIC report they sold a consumer a Yamaha that had over $8,000. in previous damages and did not disclose it.

That's not safe or cool :(

At least somebody is looking out for you

No more needs to be said abut this store....

G P Bikes Inc. and Jerry Ordanis:
the Whitby dealer was fined $5,000 for
on bills of sale. Ordanis was also

BB

Last edited:
I'm wondering how this was discovered?

Guess when the owner took the plastics off, he saw things out of whack?

No more needs to be said abut this store....

G P Bikes Inc. and Jerry Ordanis:
the Whitby dealer was fined $5,000 for
on bills of sale. Ordanis was also

BB
Damn!
Didn't expect that

Damn!
Didn't expect that

You are joking right? The above named dealer started out buying up used bikes and selling them in their Pickering store. he used to move quite a lot of bikes before he moved into the new digs.

Surprised it didnt happen sooner, when that was his main biz.

BB

Last edited:
You are joking right? The above named dealer started out buying up used bikes and selling them in their Pickering store.
Wasn't aware of that. I never bought a bike from a dealer

I don't think this is as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be.

I've crashed a couple of bikes and if I wanted to make them look new, it wouldn't be too hard. It is possible that the bike went in looking minty fresh and didn't show any signs of previous damage.

I don't think this is as big a deal as you guys are making it out to be.

I've crashed a couple of bikes and if I wanted to make them look new, it wouldn't be too hard. It is possible that the bike went in looking minty fresh and didn't show any signs of previous damage.

Yah, your right. They did not disclose the bike was previously used as a daily rental and had "several accidents" . To be convicted by OMVIC they needed to have prior knowledge and fail to disclose to the customer....

You are absolutely right. No biggie.

BB

It's one thing if they went out and bought the bike and were fully aware of the previous use/damage, it's another if it was traded in and they just assumed that all was well.

They could have forgotten to pull a carfax/carproof report or they could have done it completely on purpose.

I wasn't there but I wouldn't call them out on anything until I have all my facts straight.

I doubt GP Bikes buys out of province bikes to resell in Ontario but I could be wrong.

Also, how did GP handle the situation after they were made aware? Did they take the bike back? Did they compensate the customer? Too many variables involved.

Does OMVIC just discipline or are they also an arbitrator? I'm wondering how this got so far up. I would have hoped the buyer tried to work out an acceptable recourse with the dealership first. Would like to know the rest of the story.

Back
Top Bottom