Any Triumph/KTM/Ducati/Aprillia/Moto Guzzi riders remap their ECU using TuneECU? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any Triumph/KTM/Ducati/Aprillia/Moto Guzzi riders remap their ECU using TuneECU?

sesamestreet

Hoping to get some discussion going regarding this awesome piece of freeware.

I will likely hook the bike up this weekend to save the OEM map file and tinker around a little bit. Might get around to putting my exhaust on and remapping for those. But I'd rather do that when I can take the bike out right after to soak in the new feel, which we all know won't be this weekend :sad3:

I've use Guzzidiag to manage some of my ECU parameters but not re-written the map. IAWreader will create compatible interchange files which can be manipulated in TuneECU and written back using IAWwriter. I fitted my V7 with a PowerCommander-V with Autotune and it does all the hard work of remapping the fueling for me automatically. If I didn't have the PC-V, my next choice would be the remapping tool sold by Guzzitech. This only applies to Guzzis, and none of the other bikes mentioned in your title.

Last edited:
Interested in this as well.
Looked into TuneBoy too but it is far too much money.

I've used TuneECU on my KTM Superduke to;

remap for open airbox and after market exhaust
turn off the canister system solenoid, then remove the entire system
turn off the O2 sensors
turn off the secondary butterfly valve stepper motors, then remove the butterfly valves and stepper motors
read and clear codes (most of which were caused by me while screwing around with the ECU)
I'm sure there may be another tweak or two I've done, but they don't come to mind right now

The result is a much smoother, more responsive throttle without the SD's known on/off lash.

Highly recommended for the cost of a data cable! For those that don't know, the software is open source, regularly updated, well supported, and FREE.

Glad to see some action here already!

I'm remapping for aftermarket slipons and AI removal for smoother throttle at low RPM. As it sits the bike is really snatchy at low RPM. I also have the necessary blockoffs for the AI system.

Im also wanting to open up the intake by removing the snorkel, but the maps on tuneecu don't have a suitable option. I'm going to try to import the PCV file for aftermarket pipes AND intake snorkel removal into the TUNEECU file I'm using, in theory, this should work (famous last words?) ha

What bike are you riding?

Glad to see some action here already!

I'm remapping for aftermarket slipons and AI removal for smoother throttle at low RPM. As it sits the bike is really snatchy at low RPM. I also have the necessary blockoffs for the AI system.

Im also wanting to open up the intake by removing the snorkel, but the maps on tuneecu don't have a suitable option. I'm going to try to import the PCV file for aftermarket pipes AND intake snorkel removal into the TUNEECU file I'm using, in theory, this should work (famous last words?) ha

I've used TuneECU to remap my Triumph T100 a number of times, while trying different exhaust systems. Corrected the speedo too.

I'm on a triumph thruxton. I'm a mac user though, luckily the gf recently got a new laptop so I got her old Lenovo for tuning and data logging the car and the bike. Just loaded the programs on today and downloaded the cable driver. Kinda cold for garage time, we'll see how the week develops.

Back
Top Bottom