Any 94-97 VFR750 owners out there able to lend me passenger handgrips? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any 94-97 VFR750 owners out there able to lend me passenger handgrips?

Mrs. Wynn's government is changing the safety check requirements effective July 1 to much higher standards.

None of the changes are applicable to motorcycles.

Besides it's a good thing the standards are changing. There's a lot of junkers that shouldn't be on the road with questionable repairs.

There's a lot of junkers that shouldn't be on the road with questionable repairs.

Unless those junkers change hands, these new regs won't change that, since there's still no regular inspection requirements...so that 1986 Pontiac 6000LE that grampa bought in 1989 and is a rustbucket on wheels is still "good to go!".

Besides it's a good thing the standards are changing. There's a lot of junkers that shouldn't be on the road with questionable repairs.

I wonder how many accidents are directly the cause of mechanical failure. I bet it's very few. So my rant would include but not be limited to feminist leftist lesbian state sponsored nannyism.

Unless those junkers change hands, these new regs won't change that, since there's still no regular inspection requirements...so that 1986 Pontiac 6000LE that grampa bought in 1989 and is a rustbucket on wheels is still "good to go!".
Ah, the classic Gooole. Loved that car.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ah, the classic Gooole. Loved that car.

Bwhahaha.. I had a friend (well, ex friend now) who called his "The Goolie" from the day he bought it until the day he got rid of it.

None of the changes are applicable to motorcycles.

corrosion on battery terminals is a fail as of July. Any moistness from a seal is a fail. Lots of this will affect bikes. but as stated still doesn't stop the currently owned junk from being driven. Time for annual safety checks or more road side ?

corrosion on battery terminals is a fail as of July. Any moistness from a seal is a fail. Lots of this will affect bikes.

No, it won't, because the standardized inspection for bikes is not changing, so they are not being held to the new passenger vehicle standards.

I thought this thread was an April Fools at first!!! It would really suck if we had to do a yearly MOT like they do in the UK, They have some very strict rules there.

I'd be in favour of an inspection every 3-5 years for personal vehicles. If you saw the amount of garbage on the road that I do you'd understand why. Commercial vehicles are inspected annually, it always amazes me how they figure personal vehicles are theoretically safe for their entire lifespan however.

I'd be in favour of an inspection every 3-5 years for personal vehicles.

I wouldn't like it for myself. My vehicles are kept in pristine condition so it would only be an annoyance to me personally.

I wouldn't like it for myself. My vehicles are kept in pristine condition so it would only be an annoyance to me personally.

If only everyone took care of their vehicles the same. Most do not. Many have no idea that they're even driving unsafe junk as so long as it starts, drives, and stops they consider it "all good", so it must be safe.

Some people couldn't identify the oil fill port if their life depended on it, much less identify if their vehicle is falling apart around them. Pumping gas is about the limit of their automotive savviness.

Last edited:

I'm with you, I wont call it pristine, but I drive 40-50k a year so it gets all the maintenance. Yet another useless check (like emmissions) is not what I need at all.

like I said, it was against my better judgment, but once they sign off on the paperwork, I shouldn't need to talk to a mechanic there ever again.

No, it won't, because the standardized inspection for bikes is not changing, so they are not being held to the new passenger vehicle standards.

I'd be in favour of an inspection every 3-5 years for personal vehicles. If you saw the amount of garbage on the road that I do you'd understand why. Commercial vehicles are inspected annually, it always amazes me how they figure personal vehicles are theoretically safe for their entire lifespan however.

Yes, put some caulking on that frame crack and paint it black, oh these wheel studs are half the price let's use those, oh they were never heat treated oh well. I have worked for the two biggest trucking companies in Canada, licensed trailer mechanic, and I would never drive beside or near any commercial truck. Like saying they can't speed because they have limiters, that are overridden when you turn on cruise control.

Yes, put some caulking on that frame crack and paint it black, oh these wheel studs are half the price let's use those, oh they were never heat treated oh well. I have worked for the two biggest trucking companies in Canada, licensed trailer mechanic, and I would never drive beside or near any commercial truck. Like saying they can't speed because they have limiters, that are overridden when you turn on cruise control.

There are bad apple fleets, there are bad apple drivers.

Your insinuation that all trucks are rolling deathtraps accordingly is nuts. Are some fleets operating that way? Yep. Are they all? Hell no. I've been in the industry for 20+ years and I've seen good and bad, but the bad is the exception, not the norm.

Back
Top Bottom