Any 94-97 VFR750 owners out there able to lend me passenger handgrips? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Any 94-97 VFR750 owners out there able to lend me passenger handgrips?

RobtheBold

Site Supporter
OK - I know it's a lot to ask, but are there any 94-97 VFR750 owners out there willing to lend me your passenger hand grips for a safety? They are back ordered from Honda until May 27th, and I REALLY don't want to wait that long.

I'll need them around the 18th to 22nd of April.

They are PRICEY!! so that's why I know it's a big ask, but I'll give you my helmet to hold to make sure you get them back.

Anyone? I'd owe you one, that's for sure!

Let me know, thanks.

RobtheBold

You shouldn't need them for a safety, i might be wrong "by the rule book" but my vfr was done a the local Honda powerhouse just the way you see it (no passenger pegs or grips)

Yeah I saftied mine without them. Odd

For gods sake, you don't need them.

Remove the passenger pegs if still in doubt.

Go somewhere else for the safety some mechanics are ***** and won't pass without stupid things they are not required

Sent from a device using a program

Good thing I didn't bring my bike to them. They may not have saftied it -- rear pegs, but no pillion. OP put a cowl cover on it, say it's a solo ride. Or yeah, go somewhere else.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Ted at Roseytoes will give you a safety.

Ted at Roseytoes will give you a safety.

Oh, I should have gone to Ted, that's for sure - but I couldn't get my bike there, so I've got a couple things to take care of and Suzuki of Newmarket will certify my bike. I've already paid for the safety, so I have 36 days to get is done and back for the paperwork.

RtB

For gods sake, you don't need them.

For gods sake? Seems a bit dramatic, no?

Against my gut feeling, I trusted Suzuki of Newmarket for this - however, I can't see anything in the Safety which states the passenger grab handles or a passenger grab handle must be present.

I'll ask him to show me what check list he's pulling this from when I get there.

RtB

Not sure why - maybe they aren't needed, maybe the solo seat changes things - but I just wanted to say that's a beautiful bike.

You shouldn't need them for a safety, i might be wrong "by the rule book" but my vfr was done a the local Honda powerhouse just the way you see it (no passenger pegs or grips)

I took my VFR to honda motorsports for a safety check years ago, and they came back with $2k+ in repairs. I'm like wow.. I went to another shop after fixing the brake pads and it passed a safety with flying colours. One of the things honda tagged it for was a rear wheel bearing ($1k at honda btw). The new shop said it ok and years later still no issues. Some shops will take you for a ride.

For gods sake? Seems a bit dramatic, no?

Against my gut feeling, I trusted Suzuki of Newmarket for this - however, I can't see anything in the Safety which states the passenger grab handles or a passenger grab handle must be present.

I'll ask him to show me what check list he's pulling this from when I get there.

RtB

It's dramatic due to exasperation, I've seen this too many times. This "mechanic" who thinks passenger hand grips are a safety item is a complete idiot. I hate it when people get jerked around by fools like this.

I took my VFR to honda motorsports for a safety check years ago, One of the things honda tagged it for was a rear wheel bearing ($1k at honda btw).

lolwat

you can do it yourself in an afternoon for 30 bucks

Welcome to the world of dealerships, where profits get in the way of sensibilities. Commonplace in the car world as well - the guy that owned my 1-ton before me tried to get it certified for sale (at already 10 years of age) at a GM dealer and they told him it needed close to $10K of work (!!) before it'd pass.

I ended up buying it uncertified, brought it home, it needed front brakes, a tie rod, a ball joint, and a swing arm. Adjusted the rear brakes, changed a few bulbs...done, and passed. Much of the other stuff they said was bad or needing to be replaced was fine by normal standards vs overzealous "OMG it has some rust on it, it's clearly worn and unsafe therefore must be replaced" standards.

Total cost was about $200 in parts and a few hours labor that I did myself, but even if I'd paid someone would only have been maybe 2-3 hours at shop rate.

Last edited:
lolwat

you can do it yourself in an afternoon for 30 bucks

If you read my whole post....

but seriously why would I even spend any $ on bearings, seals, etc, for something that isn't worn out or broke?

btw I just priced it out quickly on partzilla. three bearings for oem is $100us + seals + whatever else. I don't install junk quality parts.

http://www.partzilla.com/parts/search/Honda/Motorcycle/1993/VFR750F+A/REAR+WHEEL+90-93/parts.html

#25, 27, & 28

seals are $40 for oem. However I usually jump over to ebay with the size and compare.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom