hello to the other sideeeee | GTAMotorcycle.com

hello to the other sideeeee

k.man

Hey Folks,

I'm completely new to the motorcycle world.
Acquired my M1 and M2 last year and bought a 2007 cbr 600rr [konica minolta replica] a month ago.
Its ready for the road with the exception of a pending safety.

I'm slowly familiarizing my self with everything motorcycle related. It's a definitely a learning curve.

Coming from the car scene with a host of knowledge and friends to a completely new landscape with all things foreign is a bit daunting.

Nevertheless, I'm excited for the road ahead however scary it may be lol.

I ended up riding for 2 hours yesterday around Scarborough and Pickering.
Had my first encounter with another biker (red ninja 250, {if you are on here, helllo stranger}). (we both waveddd, EEEEE so excite)

I figured I'd introduce myself here since its a local forum and maybe meet up with some of you guys down the road.

anyways, HELLLLOOOOOOO everybody

Welcome. It's the big thing around here nowadays so I'll ask: How's your insurance on a 600RR, being newly-licensed and, presumably, a fairly young (?) rider?

Welcome. It's the big thing around here nowadays so I'll ask: How's your insurance on a 600RR, being newly-licensed and, presumably, a fairly young (?) rider?

It is actually not that bad.
I just turned 27, clean record, took the safety course.
mind you, only 1 company was willing to insure my bike.

I went into this process with the mindset that I may not find insurance for the bike I initially wanted ('13-'15 cbr 500r)
the more I shopped, my options kept increasing, so I threw the 07-08 600rr into the mix.

most, if not all companies were willing to insure the 500r and 95% of them outright denied me for the 600rr.

I found one company (royal sons & alliance) who were willing to insure the 600rr, at that point I started to lay the foundation to getting a 600rr.

It is actually not that bad.
I just turned 27, clean record, took the safety course.
mind you, only 1 company was willing to insure my bike.

I went into this process with the mindset that I may not find insurance for the bike I initially wanted ('13-'15 cbr 500r)
the more I shopped, my options kept increasing, so I threw the 07-08 600rr into the mix.

most, if not all companies were willing to insure the 500r and 95% of them outright denied me for the 600rr.

I found one company (royal sons & alliance) who were willing to insure the 600rr, at that point I started to lay the foundation to getting a 600rr.

Dalton Timmis insures supersports with decent rates, even for newer riders like yourself. If you haven't insured it yet give them a call.

Welcome to the forum!

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom