Furkot - straight lines | GTAMotorcycle.com

Furkot - straight lines

DemonPig

Do not cast your pearls before swine
Site Supporter
Does anyone have problems with Furkot generating straight lines instead of following the roads?

I researched a bit online but couldn't find any good solutions.

I'm on a Mac so my mapping options are limited. I like using Tyre but I have to go to my friend's house to map routes that way.

Furkot was suggested to me by another GTAM member and it's not bad aside from the beforementioned issue.

Are you just trying to plot interesting A to B routings, or using Furkot for all it's other features as well?

If you're just plotting A to B trips with specific routings, try Google Maps - plot it on your computer at home, drag the lines around to get your custom routings, and then click "send to phone" and it'll transfer your custom route to your smartphone all ready to open up and navigate with.

It's not an easy interface by any means. I'd go to the forum for help..

http://advrider.com/index.php?threads/help-me-improve-furkot-a-free-online-road-trip-planner.959091/

It's a couple of steps to plot the route then export it to the various GPS formats available. I have generally been using it to just to find cool roads as it has all the motorcycle road reports linked

The green bars bottom right have the various sources and each route is clickable on the right to expand the description and give detail.
It is not intuitive to go from Planning to export the route you set up.

Jacob,

There are places where you can download .img files for basecamp... like Canada City Navigator North America, Canada Metroguide... check KAT or Pirate Bay for these...

Then, because you are on a Mac and these are most likely Window installs, you will need to use a tool from this guy (Mac software available) to load it into your basecamp installation: http://www.javawa.nl/gmtk_en.html

He also has other very useful programs relating to mapsource/basecamp

Both Furkot and Basecamp have steep learning curves, but once you figure them out, they become relatively easy. To be honest, I prefer BC than Google maps. Used Mapsource for a long time and then changed over to BC on a Mac and still enjoy using it.

Back
Top Bottom