Cabot Trail through the States route | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Cabot Trail through the States route

I would take 55 south from Quebec to State Rte 2 to #9 to New Brunswick. Take the Sunrise Trail in Nova Scotia to Cape Breton, it is absolutely beautiful on a bike with warm water red-sand beaches. On the way back I would do the Marine Drive and the Lighthouse route to the ferry at Yarmouth and back to Boston.

Was that on a bike? When I drove to NS in the car, this is close to what we did as well. GTA to Moncton all in Canada in about 16 or 18 hours. It was a long day. Wouldn't be fun at all on the bike.
truck with the 2 bikes in the back. cbr600rr and a kawi 636... we were getting some looks from the locals, sportbikes are not so common out there....lol
with that being said, everyone is extremely nice. we got more terrified looks when we rode PEI...pulled into their downtown lookin for a hotel and had cops just staring at the bikes lol

Oh yeah - if you take the Digby ferry, keep in mind the departure times are not in Eastern Time. lol

I would take 55 south from Quebec to State Rte 2 to #9 to New Brunswick. Take the Sunrise Trail in Nova Scotia to Cape Breton, it is absolutely beautiful on a bike with warm water red-sand beaches. On the way back I would do the Marine Drive and the Lighthouse route to the ferry at Yarmouth and back to Boston.

The East coast north from Halifax is nice riding as well, eventually you get to the cosway.

Does anyone have a route mapped out they would be willing to share?
I found a couple already but would love to see a few more.

Pavement only and avoiding major highways.
I'll be going through USA both ways.
Planning on taking 8 days to do it.

Thanks!

I have done it a couple of times. You have to slab it from Toronto to Gananoque; and then through Nova Scotia. Otherwise most state highway routes will serve you well. One tip is to take the ferry across Lake Champlain which leaves just north of Plattsburg. It will save you a long and slow ride around the lake; is a lovely, and short ferry ride across the lake in the summer. It drops you off on the big island (forget its name) and then you continue to meander east on the state roads.

This is great....I cancelled our June Norway cruise and kids wants to do east coast. Keep the tips coming.

Would love a detailed route Gananoque to Nova Scotia via the US. We are good from there.

Any side trips in the North East States appreciated.

For anyone considering the Cabot this summer, take note they just announced extensive roadwork and posted that everyone should anticipate "significant delays".

It was on our list this summer. Now, I'm thinking...not so much.

For what it's worth - maritimes don't really have a "summer" like central Canada. August and September are the driest and sunniest months here.
June? Rains a lot. Like rain? Come in June! Lest 2 weeks of July may be okay... But August and September are the best.

Back
Top Bottom