KMM powersports in mississauga | GTAMotorcycle.com

KMM powersports in mississauga

sesamestreet

Always a pleasure dealing with this shop. They're my go-to for any work I can't do myself ever since I got my first bike certified in 2012. I just got a set of rear springs powdercoated and they reassembled the shocks and springs on the spot. Clean shop, honest dudes and they do it all!

Thanks for making me aware of this place... as they are just around the corner from me.

Any idea how much they charge to do a safety?

Went there about two weeks ago for a safety, was around $90. I appreciated that Doug put up with my neon greenness. Will be going there first if anything goes wrong.

Funny you say that, I'm always wary bringing in my purple bobber bike to shops but Doug was genuinely into it and complimented the work I did. I had brought it in for front brakes and it was done in an hour or so while I had lunch with my mom (she followed me there with the parts) and I was charged a ridiculously good price, after paying more than double at a "custom" shop the year before, where one of the caliper boots was incorrectly seated which caused the brakes to wear way prematurely.

Amazing place! I gotta say Doug's emphasis is on customers. Extremely easy to deal with, will take his time to explain things to you, very trustworthy and will go the extra mile. Good prices as well. I don't think I'll ever go to another bike shop again.

Needed to get a safety done for a bike and referred to this shop by a friend. I'm surprised I had never heard of it before. Called ahead and the owner told me no appointment required and he was going to be there til 6pm today (Google said 10am-5pm). I showed up and he was just finishing up some work on a beautiful VMax.
He took a look at my bike, checked out the typical stuff for the safety and we chatted for a bit. Price for the safety was $100+ tax and if we weren't talking for a while, it would have been a 15 minute visit.

They do a fair bit of machining and welding work, so it could be a great shop for people looking for that type of thing as well. I think he also mentioned that the shift towards online sales of gear meant they no longer sell gear and so they turned that area of the shop into a suspension tuning area. They aren't some shiny modern shop - think of Rosey Toes, but with a good attitude and personality - you know customer service and all that.

All in all a great visit and Doug was really pleasant to deal with, so I'm glad to have been introduced to them and would use them again.
Looks like they don't have a website - but have a presence on Google: kmm motorcycle - Google Search

Last edited:
I clicked on your link Shane and when it opened up, there was a link to their website which opened for me no problem...I'm using my android phone if that makes a difference, which it shouldn't...I just clicked on the link I posted and it works...hmmmm

Woah, this is one next to where I buy all my appliance parts. Nice to hear good reviews. I noticed it and wondered if they were any good. Now that I see their sign emphasizing machining, I'll have to ask them about boring out my bar risers. None of the other machine chops have been returning my emails or answering their phones for a quote on what I thought was well described and simple job.

Are you using a VPN, @shanekingsley?

I find if I have my VPN on, it displays the screen above. When I disconnect from my VPN, it shows the KMM home page.
Interesting and didn’t think I was using a vpn - I just have my internet through Teksavvy which is my regular wifi from home.

But when I switch my wifi off and use the data from my phone I can see the site, so I guess you’re right and that’s it.

Woah, this is one next to where I buy all my appliance parts. Nice to hear good reviews. I noticed it and wondered if they were any good. Now that I see their sign emphasizing machining, I'll have to ask them about boring out my bar risers. None of the other machine chops have been returning my emails or answering their phones for a quote on what I thought was well described and simple job.
They were saying they do contrct work for Bell and Hydro One among others. I think my buddy who referred me to them had them do some machining for them too.

FYI, I sent them an email Sunday morning, and Doug replied to me Monday at 10pm apologizing for the late reply. Now I've got to find some time to visit his shop with my risers so he can make sure he can mount them in his mill.

None of the other machine chops have been returning my emails
Most shops won't quote a single, easy job. There is no money in it.
REALISTICALLY, after talking to you about it, getting you to the shop, getting the part mounted in the mill.. you've spent an hour to drill a hole.
Are you willing to pay shop rates of $150/hr to drill a single hole?
Sometimes: YES, sometimes: no... but you'll complain and argue about the price EVERY TIME. Not worth the grief.

If you want it bring it up here, I'll bore it out for you.

Most shops won't quote a single, easy job. There is no money in it.
REALISTICALLY, after talking to you about it, getting you to the shop, getting the part mounted in the mill.. you've spent an hour to drill a hole.
Are you willing to pay shop rates of $150/hr to drill a single hole?
Sometimes: YES, sometimes: no... but you'll complain and argue about the price EVERY TIME. Not worth the grief.

If you want it bring it up here, I'll bore it out for you.
PM sent.

Back
Top Bottom