Motorcycle Camping in Pennsylvania - Campground Recommendations? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Motorcycle Camping in Pennsylvania - Campground Recommendations?

mroberto

I'm planning a ride to PA for the May timeframe. I'd like a campground that has good tent camping with some privacy. I don't want to be bumping elbows with RVers if I can help it. Showers would be very nice to have too. Ideally the campground will be in the Sproul Forest to State College area.

Can you folks recommend a nice place to camp?

Thanks!

Worlds End, Little Pine, Ole Bull, Kettle Creek, Hyner Run, Sizerville State Parks.

Which one out of those listed has the best beach if any?

Worlds End (my favorite) has a great swimming hole, Hyner and Sizerville have pools , other parks have beach areas.
There are other beautiful State Parks in the area ! Worlds End and nearby village Eagles Mere are truly spectacular! Auto museum in Eagles Mere has a decent collection of classic Chevrolet's.

Thanks for the suggestions! I ended up choosing Hyner Run over Worlds End because of it's location. It's closer to the area that we want to ride in but Worlds End does look like a nice spot.

I was going to suggest the Austin dam site. First off a neat bit of history and secondly you can camp there for up to 15 days and the cost is "by donation".

Back
Top Bottom