Ninja 300 OTD? | Page 6 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 OTD?

How many people have 10-15,000 lying around to buy a motorcycle? Not many, financing is not all that bad for a streetbike. Now guys who buy bikes and head to the track with loans on them....thats silly.

I kinda laughed at this lol.

Ya, I did. Lots of people do. I feel like most people on here probably do. Otherwise they wouldnt be buying a bike. If I only had 15k lying around I'd probably be spending it on food and rent though I wouldnt even be thinking of a bike yet.

I just put the deposit on the bike. I did not finance it. They will hold the bike for me until i get my M2 and pay off the remaining balance. The bike cost me 2499+tax (2823 OTD)

After looking at a lot of listings. The price on this bike blows out a lot of ads on Kijiji. Considering this bike has no mileage on it.

2012 Ninja 250 2700KM ($2823 OTD)

Considering the milage and year, I'd be happy with that! Like others have said, you'll get a good chunk of that back if you decide to sell next year (minus your wearable like tire, oil, chain etc. if you ride a ton).

Regarding the warranty, you'll drop, slide or get it stolen before the parts on a Ninja 250/500 mess up from a default covered by the warranty.

Congrats dood!!

By the way, I don't know what your relationship with the seller is, but if youve put a deposit down on the bike, if I were you I would get a trailer and take the bike home as soon as you can.
Maybe thats just me, but I don't trust anyone to hold on to a bike I've put money down on for any longer than they have to.

And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be giving the bike to someone who's only put down a deposit and still owes a bunch (or any, for that matter) of money on it.

And I doubt it's just me. I don't know anyone who would let someone take a purchased vehicle away until it's 100% paid for.

OP, congrats on the bike. Got your course booked? They are filling up fast. When did you get your M1? Hopefully it times with the course well so you get your M2 quickly...

Last edited:
And maybe it's just me, but I wouldn't be giving the bike to someone who's only put down a deposit and still owes a bunch (or any, for that matter) of money on it.

And I doubt it's just me. I don't know anyone who would let someone take a purchased vehicle away until it's 100% paid for.

OP, congrats on the bike. Got your course booked? They are filling up fast. When did you get your M1? Hopefully it times with the course well so you get your M2 quickly...
For sure, its a dealership though. I'm sure they give away bikes that arent fully paid off all the time.

Ya, I did. Lots of people do. I feel like most people on here probably do. Otherwise they wouldnt be buying a bike. If I only had 15k lying around I'd probably be spending it on food and rent though I wouldnt even be thinking of a bike yet.
I'm tired and I'm not understanding this post. You did finance? Or you did save up and then buy the bike?
I saved up what I was comfortable paying, and then I bought the bike that I liked, that I could afford.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

For sure, its a dealership though. I'm sure they give away bikes that arent fully paid off all the time.

Huhwhat?

I'm sure they give away bikes that aren't fully paid off all the time...when they're financed. The OP making installment payments (layaway, basically) and not financing. A business would be crazy to let a bike that only has perhaps a few hundred dollars paid against it to leave the property...next thing you know it's "stolen" (of the buyer falls off the face of the planet) and they're out thousands of dollars.

I guarantee you that they're not going to let that bike move an inch until it's paid for.

I gave them 1k deposit. I informed them i am getting my m2 in may ( thats when i will be doing the safety course) .My 60 days will up on the same day as the m2 test will be (May 8th). Once I have the m2 I will go to the store and pay of the remaining balance of $1800. I put a deposit on the bike so they would sell the bike to some one else. Obviously they will not let me take the bike without paying it in full.

Huhwhat?

I'm sure they give away bikes that aren't fully paid off all the time...when they're financed. The OP making installment payments (layaway, basically) and not financing. A business would be crazy to let a bike that only has perhaps a few hundred dollars paid against it to leave the property...next thing you know it's "stolen" (of the buyer falls off the face of the planet) and they're out thousands of dollars.

I guarantee you that they're not going to let that bike move an inch until it's paid for.

Youre just trying to play devils advocate and/or just looking for something to disagree with.

You know what my point was. I just said get the bike home as soon as possible. You don't see me nitpicking every one of your posts to make sure everything is technically accurate.

Too tired for this

Get that baby home as soon as you can so you can make sure she is safe and happy :D

Last edited:

lol...not wanting to sound like an ******* but it's like people who are happy making 40-50k a year and then bitching or talking crap about people who work hard, educated themselves and like to spend money on nice things.

I need double that just to get the car I want, now I'm not talking in fantasy land either but I've set goals and a timeline and I will have it, rather than looking at others.

Last edited:
One of my favourite quotes, that I repeat to my sons:
" you can have anything that you want, you just can't have everything that you want"

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Perfect timing. :)

not really perfect timing since May 8 is a Sunday and the Drivetest centres are closed...he'll be handing his paperwork in on Monday the 9th at the earliest, which is already after it expires...better give them a call and find out what happens in that case...

not really perfect timing since May 8 is a Sunday and the Drivetest centres are closed...he'll be handing his paperwork in on Monday the 9th at the earliest, which is already after it expires...better give them a call and find out what happens in that case...

Doesn't it expire after 90 days?

As mentioned, the M1 does not expire until after 90 days...he's doing his M2 exit at 60 days which is the minimum required number of days before an M2 can be achieved.

No worries, nothing is going to expire unless something happens and you don't achieve the M2 within that 30 day window.

Didn't read thread. xD

Last edited:
Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new ninja 300 abs and wanted to know how much you guys payed OTD. I went to snow city and they told me the best they can do is $6200. Is this a reasonable price for a 2015 ninja 300 abs? I need to find a deal by Thursday (Kawasaki rebate is until end of march)

No... I bought my white 2015 ABS from Snow City for $4999 + tax/fees. It came to around $5700 all in (including them plating it).

EDIT: This is just for future reference for people going to Snow City for a 2015 Ninja 300 ABS.

Last edited:
No... I bought my white 2015 ABS from Snow City for $4999 + tax/fees. It came to around $5700 all in (including them plating it).

EDIT: This is just for future reference for people going to Snow City for a 2015 Ninja 300 ABS.

Is this a fair price? It's not much of a discount given the MSRP is currently $5,149.

Snow City won't go any lower than that price, that's for sure.

Price seems really high. In 2015 i bought a new in the crate 2014 CBR500 for 5200. you should be able to get a much better deal on a Ninja 300

Back
Top Bottom