Ninja 300 OTD? | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 OTD?

Paesan, don't get people thinking like that! A lot of women ride big bikes and a lot of guys find smaller bikes meet their needs. Hell, as fat as I am, if I ever did get a sportbike it would be <300 just because I am so short and only will be comfortable with my feet on the ground.
There's a member here that put a ton of kms on her 125 and iirc only went bigger because she got a good deal. And if I had the $$ to spend, I'd probably pick up her 125.

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I think you misunderstood my point. I didnt say girls can only ride small bikes or that guys cant. I loved my 250r and wouldve kept it if i could afford 3 insurance policies.

I have some wealthy friends that want to get their daughters/gf into riding but want to get a bike that is as safe and easy to ride as possible, and that will not require them to do much maintenance. And their gf will maybe take it out on a half dozen rides every season. For that purpose, buying a new 300 would be the best option.

And yes, many people find smaller bikes suit their needs. But if this is your first bike, you don't know what your needs are yet. With a used bike itd be easier to upgrade when you know more about your needs.

conundrum said:
That said, I'm always weary when I hear people buying things, especially bikes, when they don't have the cash up front. It is very easy to damage or total a bike, and I don't know if I could bring myself to buying one that I couldn't afford outright.*
Agreed. I wanted to say this but I couldnt think of a way to put it where I didnt sound like a ********* haha :D
I would understand financing a bigger purchase, like your second or third bike. But to take on a loan for your first bike just does not seem like a good idea.

I can get the regular ninja 300 for 5200 , but the insurance company I checked ,Dalton gives a discount for ABS.
Does the discount cover the cost of buying abs? I paid $1600 /year for mine as a 21 year old with an M1 through State Farm

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

6200$ is a reasonable price. I paid that with them for a non abs model from them. Try St Onge up in Barrie. They usually don't charge the fee that other places do. Can save a couple hundred.

Does the discount cover the cost of buying abs? I paid $1600 /year for mine as a 21 year old with an M1 through State Farm

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

1850 for 2015 ninja 300 abs. That's with a 10% discount becuse of abs. That's the cheapest rate I found....I'm 26 and that 1850 is with a m2.

Going to go to td bank and see if they can give me a 5k loan. If not i think i am just gona end up buying new. I dont plan on selling it or upgrading for a while because insurance is way to expensive in my area . If i get the loan, I will buy used.

I dealt with Hans at Snow City (my white 300 is still in the back of the shop, you probably saw it if you browsed through their used stuff) and he said $5k is the minimum for financing when I inquired about financing through them.

I also asked RBC about a loan, and they told me the interest rate on such a small loan would be double digits. Was told just using my line of credit would be a much better choice, which is what I did.

Going to go to td bank and see if they can give me a 5k loan. If not i think i am just gona end up buying new. I dont plan on selling it or upgrading for a while because insurance is way to expensive in my area . If i get the loan, I will buy used.
Try PC financial

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new ninja 300 abs and wanted to know how much you guys payed OTD. I went to snow city and they told me the best they can do is $6200. Is this a reasonable price for a 2015 ninja 300 abs? I need to find a deal by Thursday (Kawasaki rebate is until end of march)

Hello, I was at Snow city yesterday, they have promo for 15 Ninja 300 non-abs for $5200 OTR (including finance charge), without it you are looking at $5000 cash OTR. Paying $1000 more for ABS is absurd, I ride a 1000cc optioned to have ABS but never used it despite able to go much faster than a 300. Just my two cents on ABS.

Contact St. Onge recreation near Barrie. Should be able to get it for less than around here.

I was about to put a deposit down and the sales rep told me the bike I wanted was sold yesterday and it was the last 05 ninja 300. Heart broken right now.

what about a CBR300?...there's a ton of them on kijiji and from what I remember, you can get a brand new 2015 for something like $4400 OTD taxes included, just need to pay for licensing...I was looking at adding one to my garage and Loiselle (spelling) in Ottawa had a bunch...also, there's the Yamaha R3 and I called a few dealers and was quoted $5400 OTD (plus licensing) for a brand new 2015 model...

what about a CBR300?...there's a ton of them on kijiji and from what I remember, you can get a brand new 2015 for something like $4400 OTD taxes included, just need to pay for licensing...I was looking at adding one to my garage and Loiselle (spelling) in Ottawa had a bunch...also, there's the Yamaha R3 and I called a few dealers and was quoted $5400 OTD (plus licensing) for a brand new 2015 model...
Where di you find one for 4400 OTD? Most places have them listed at 4399 + freight/pdi and HST for the non-abs model. No special edition colors in that price range either. For the 2015 SE model you're looking at 5000+ everything.

Be on the lookout for a demo model. Markham power just sold ALL of their 300's and the demo's went for great prices. No PDI/Freight on a demo bike, but you still get the full warranty and financing options.

edit: just saw this on Kijiji. The flat black SE edition with ABS for 4399 + hst and licensing. No PDI or freight. That's a good deal!
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/...00/1150082824?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Last edited:
They are offering left over non abs 300s in Ottawa for $3999+tax freight and PDI...

I got my R3 for 5800 OTD....

Shop around. There is more than just Toronto for dealers.

Have you considered the insurance ramifications of financing?

You know you will be REQUIRED to carry full coverage, right? If you're basing insurability based on liability only quotes it's a shock to some people that buy a new bike that's financed what the difference is in insurance rates.

I'm with everyone else...this is bike you may be looking to get rid of / upgrade from in 1 or 2 years and you'll be upside down on it, not getting what you owe on it back out of it when you go to sell it, so saving some money and buying a more modestly priced bike may be a far better decision in the longer term.

Last edited:
Found a 2015 Ninja 300 abs SE. for 6300 OTD. I really want a ninja 300abs in black. will find out tom if i got approved for finance. If not then i guess i am screwed until summer.

:banghead:

Since you were dealing with Snow city, did you ask them about financing?

Back
Top Bottom