Ninja 300 OTD? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Ninja 300 OTD?

DjSamphard

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new ninja 300 abs and wanted to know how much you guys payed OTD. I went to snow city and they told me the best they can do is $6200. Is this a reasonable price for a 2015 ninja 300 abs? I need to find a deal by Thursday (Kawasaki rebate is until end of march)

So, you've decided against used?

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

Problem with used is it wills take me at least 5 months to save enough to get a used ninja . By then the season is almost over. I was checking on Kijiji and they are going for 4500+. Even though i am financing it, I will have it right when i get my m2 and I will pay it off right away .

You should be able to take a loan from the bank to buy used if you find the rates you get from them are better than the financing rates. That way you'll save yourself $1700, possibly more if the rates from your bank is better.

The dealerships also often have used motorcycles which are always cheaper.

Hi guys, I am looking to buy a new ninja 300 abs and wanted to know how much you guys payed OTD. I went to snow city and they told me the best they can do is $6200. Is this a reasonable price for a 2015 ninja 300 abs? I need to find a deal by Thursday (Kawasaki rebate is until end of march)
You should be able to get a 2016 for that price. If you are getting a 2015, there should be more discounts than that.

You should be able to get a 2016 for that price. If you are getting a 2015, there should be more discounts than that.

Guy at snowcity said best he can do is $6200 for a 2015 abs. I really want to get a 2014 ninja abs in black, but have not been able to find any.

Unless you really think you're going to keep this bike for several years, I wouldn't spend that much cash or buy new for your first bike. Most riders usually want to upgrade their ride (right or wrong) after one season maybe two. You will lose cash if you do that. I'd but something used and much cheaper as your first bike. No big investment equals no real loss.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

This one

Please view this ad:

Kawasaki Ninja 250r,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/city-of-toronto/kawasaki-ninja-250r/1150308013

Price: $*2,700

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Please view this ad:

Never Dropped Perfect Starter Bike!,
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-sport-bikes/london/never-dropped-perfect-starter-bike/1146783898

Price: $*3,000

Download the application from the Google Play Store.
http://goo.gl/Hs9Yg

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

You can find a nice ninja 500 for $1500 and sell it after a season for very little difference

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Like others have said, $6200 is an insane amount to spend on a bike youre going to sell in a year or two.

Save up for a month or two, you can get a perfect condition low kms 250r for around $2500 and you can sell it for the same when youre ready to upgrade.

The only situation I can think of where it makes sense to buy a 300 brand new would be if youve got a ton of money to burn and youre buying a bike for your gf or daughter that theyre going to keep forever.

Like others have said, $6200 is an insane amount to spend on a bike youre going to sell in a year or two.

Save up for a month or two, you can get a perfect condition low kms 250r for around $2500 and you can sell it for the same when youre ready to upgrade.

The only situation I can think of where it makes sense to buy a 300 brand new would be if youve got a ton of money to burn and youre buying a bike for your gf or daughter that theyre going to keep forever.

Really depends on your financial situation and also what you can sell the bike for when you do want to upgrade. New can be had, and only end up costing you 1000-2000 out of pocket at the end of day once you factor that in.

That said, I'm always weary when I hear people buying things, especially bikes, when they don't have the cash up front. It is very easy to damage or total a bike, and I don't know if I could bring myself to buying one that I couldn't afford outright. Also insurance, proper gear, and maintenance isn't exactly cheap.

Paesan, don't get people thinking like that! A lot of women ride big bikes and a lot of guys find smaller bikes meet their needs. Hell, as fat as I am, if I ever did get a sportbike it would be <300 just because I am so short and only will be comfortable with my feet on the ground.
There's a member here that put a ton of kms on her 125 and iirc only went bigger because she got a good deal. And if I had the $$ to spend, I'd probably pick up her 125.

I for one am a fan of buying new. I'm in no way "rich" or have money to burn, not even close. I financed my bike with 1.9%, simply because I typically don't have 5k cash to fork over all at once for a toy. Convenience, warranty, peace-of-mind, and service. No haggling over prices or worrying about a safety. When I go to a dealership, I get what I want, how I want it. A lot of people say buy used for your first bike, for many reasons (might crash, might upgrade, might choose a different style, etc). If your heart is set on the Ninja and you prefer the feeling of having something brand new, I say go for it! Just find a better deal. I got my 2015 CBR300RASE out the door for 5k.

Last edited:
I for one am a fan of buying new. I'm in no way "rich" or have money to burn, not even close. I financed my bike with 1.9%, simply because I typically don't have 5k cash to fork over all at once for a toy. Convenience, warranty, peace-of-mind, and service. No haggling over prices or worrying about a safety. When I go to a dealership, I get what I want, how I want it. A lot of people say buy used for your first bike, for many reasons (might crash, might upgrade, might choose a different style, etc). If your heart is set on the Ninja and you prefer the feeling of having something brand new, I say go for it! Just find a better deal. I got my 2015 CBR300RASE out the door for 5k.
I personally would not finance a "toy". And my thing is that it is a bike that historically, but not always, is resold soon after purchase. Making this a losing proposition. If it was a bike that you would own until after it was paid off, I may see the reasoning. I know people that will only buy new cars. I love those people. I know one that bought a Honda Pilot for $40k then sold it 8 years later for $6k with 180k kms on it. I'm happy to say that it now has 230k on it and I've only spent money on new tires ?. Is it the newest? Nope. Does it work for me? Yup. And idgaf if the kids bang into the side of it, or some of my ice cream drips on the seat. Oh, who am I kidding? Food doesn't get away from me.
Last point: a long time ago my buddy bought and financed a brand new 1989 RZ350. 1 week later he takes a turn, spills it on some sand and gives up riding. Sells it for a loss. Still owes money on the bike. I hope it doesn't happen to anyone, but it can, and does. Again, just some advice from an old guy. Ymmv.

Last spring I spent $5400 OTD for a left over 2014 Ninja 300 Special Edition. Non abs. I bought it at Cameron Cycle

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Going to go to td bank and see if they can give me a 5k loan. If not i think i am just gona end up buying new. I dont plan on selling it or upgrading for a while because insurance is way to expensive in my area . If i get the loan, I will buy used.

Back
Top Bottom