Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 29th | GTAMotorcycle.com

Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 29th

Any idea of the big bike route?

It's longer than the single track ride but it's designed to carefully avoid any t-junctions with that ride. There's quite a few places where the single track and double track riders will flow in the same direction, and everyone meets at the same place for lunch. The DS ride also goes into Wildman, which is our newest developed forest area. You don't need an OFTR or SCORRA membership to do this ride just pre-reg or pay the day of the ride and enjoy it. It looks like were around 160km total length with 50% being double track forest trails. There will be sand in some forest tracts, so 90/10 tires are NOT recommended. If you're on a 1200GS, the TKC-80's should be fine for it. If you're running something more street worthy, you'll need to make up for that with more skills :)

At a few points you can decide to follow the single track route, if you want something more aggressive, or duck out of the single track route if you want to follow the DS route.

Patw, thank you for your reply. I am on 1200GS with TKC 80. Have done most of the double tracks around Nursery Rd. Sand and bumps no problem however at slow pace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How's the rest of the route compare to Nursery Rd?
Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a tech inspection? I've got the stock muffler so there's no problem meeting the dB limit. Do they care about horn, high beam, that sort of thing?

What about doing the big bike route with 50/50 tires (Heidenau K60)?
Thanks.

Is there a tech inspection? I've got the stock muffler so there's no problem meeting the dB limit. Do they care about horn, high beam, that sort of thing?
At most, they may do a sound check, but I doubt it. Don't worry about tech inspection.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

What about doing the big bike route with 50/50 tires (Heidenau K60)?
Thanks.
You'll be fine, it's a bit sandy in spots. Lol
I'm likely doing it on my Versys.

There was a quick DRZ400SM on singletrack on last year's ride with Avon Distanzias. He mentioned that the tires worked great for the most part. However it did not rain for days prior to last year's event so your experience may differ greatly depending on how much rain there is in the run up to the event.

Just to clarify is it ok to ride this with green plate only? Not the big bike route but the single track route.

The singletrack route still had road sections so it would be blue plated bikes only... that was last year anyway. It may be different this year?

I think it's all set up for blue plated bikes. It's a joint effort between Scorra and the ODSC as far as I know.

Recently I noticed that trails are marked with Green and Orange arrows. Are these for the May 29th ride?

Yup, a bunch of places are already arrowed. Orange = Normal route, Green = Shortcut/Challenge Bypass, Yellow = DS Only Route. I'm sticking the yellow arrows up on Saturday, so they'll be ready for Sunday morning.

For a few other questions in here:
- Blue plate only. We do have a Green plate event coming up called the SCORRA Family Fun Day. You get all day access to RJ's 3 tracks and Williams forest tract.
- Weather is looking wet leading up to event. That'll make the sand sections a lot better but the trail sections a little slicker.
- K60 tires are fine, one of the sweeps is on a GS650 and he loves them for this stuff.
- There's a sound test for this one, but anyone running a DS bike should be fine.

patw, Thanks for your reply. I will participate for DS ride on Sunday. Let me know if you need help on Saturday. I live 10 min away from RJ's.

Too bad, I didn't get my bike earlier. Will make the Midhurst ride next year as I still have some loose street legal ends to wrap up.

But I will try to make the SCORRA Family Fun Day.

I'm putting up the yellow trail arrows today for the dual sport only part of the event. The weather is still looking good for Sunday, only 30% chance of rain in the afternoon. The rain we've had recently has cut the dust down significantly, and helped firm up the sand. Just a reminder that at any time, if you want more challenge you can hit the single track version of the route. It meets up in quite a few places. Same, if you signed up for the single track version and you're getting tired. Those green arrows will help you out.

I'm doing pre-ride, so I won't be seeing any of you the morning of the event... unless you're really fast and catch up to the pre-ride ;) I'll be around in the afternoon at RJ's. Look for the beat up CRF250L.

Where do I register for this ride? And, do I have to have a Scorra membership? I'm on a 690 enduro.

Back
Top Bottom