Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 29th | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Midhurst Trail Ride - Sunday May 29th

Where do I register for this ride? And, do I have to have a Scorra membership? I'm on a 690 enduro.

https://www.scorra.ca/MTR2016_Preregistration.html

The Pre-reg is closed, but you can register on site on Sunday. It stages from RJ's Motocross track just north of Barrie. The 690 Enduro is a great bike, you could probably do the aggressive single ride or the dual sport ride, whichever you feel comfortable doing.

Ok, thank you. I need to attend to the bike today...oil change. I have worn Pirelli rally cross on it.

DS section is arrowed, and the test rider says it's easy to follow. There's some fun parts in Wildman tract that I think everyone will enjoy. Really cool (optional) sand hill climb in Strachan as well. I hope you guys have a great day with it.

Made it home alive, but exhausted! Mudmojo and I made it through the first single track section, Orrock Creek South, then another small single track near Moonstone, and the last single track through Drury. Even the other sections 'the big bike route' were still challenging from time to time.

Great event. Thanks SCORRA. And special thanks to PatW. The arrows were in great locations. I had to head back as my bike started electrical malfunction. The DS route was great except the start off the Old 2nd Rd for me just getting to the single track. I felt almost I hit the cylinder head on the big GS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the feedback guys, we'll use it when designing the big bike route for next year. Personally, I didn't like the Williams design as well. First we needed the gate opened, but no one had the key (doh!). The method to get in was not ideal. Second, it should have routed through the double track. The fear was the deep sand there, but after running it myself, I figured the deep sand was much easier than the tight uphill corner by the beaver pond then immediate drop into the puddle. Not so bad on a 250, not so fun on a 1200.

On the pre-ride, I cut out (Green arrowed around) a whole section in Orr Lake before the lunch area for the same reason. When you took a left to get to Orr Staging you were supposed to go right and do this 5km area through Orr. Most of it was ok, but it got tight in a few spots and it felt like a bigger challenge after just coming off a tight area.

Overall we only had 2 arrows get pulled down overnight. One was a confidence arrow over a longer stretch (maybe too close to someone's property?), and one was pretty critical: The right hander that gets you to Wildman off Tiny Beaches Rd. I got angry at that one and re-arrowed it with a dozen staples AND did the sign beside it :)

That first big berm to get in was a surprise. I considered it an 'abandon all hope ye who enter here'. LoL.

Agreed. I felt like it set the bar pretty high up front, and by comparison everything else was easy. There was also that goat trail near the beginning with the downed trees that I though was a bit odd. It's not an area we ride normally and it felt pretty overgrown. Even seeing it on the GPS route, I questioned if I was in the right area.

I was pretty happy to see the 2 log hops in Hendrie though, they're exactly the level of challenge I wanted for the DS riders. Scary looking when you approach them but fundamentally easy on any bike.

Back
Top Bottom