Sport touring tires | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Sport touring tires

The tire you are unhappy with is my favourite......and I have tried many, in all kinds of weatrher.....from hot summer knee dragging to tip toeing in the snow.
The 023 sticks like a hypersport tire in the summer, works pretty good in the wet, and lasts longer than 3 sets of hypersport tires.
My next favourite is Michelin Pilot Road 4. Not as sure footed as the 023 in the dry, but better in the wet.

The early cupping makes me think you have the regular 023, not the GT version for heavy bikes.

The early cupping makes me think you have the regular 023, not the GT version for heavy bikes.

Its the OEM tire. Cooler temps I was running 36psi. That and the asphalt in parts Northern ontario is more abrasive...plus dragging peg feelers on a 700lbs Moto prolly isn't conducive to great tire mileage

High milage guys...whats your fav tire? I'm talking HEAVY bikes and aggressive riding. I'm not happy with the Bridgestone 023 that my FJR1300es came with. After only 10K the front is cupped so bad that the handlebars will start to shimmy when my hands are off them. Still plenty of meat on both front and rear. The BT-023 was sticky enough, just expected more even wear... And yeah my tire pressure is always correct

Be aware that quite often the tire supplied as OEM is different than the same tire sold by the manufacturer. The 023 may be a different compound over the counter.

Has anyone had any experience with Bridgestone T30 evo’s ? (for a 2008 Suzuki GSX650F) Thanks!

Have them on my KTM RC8r. I can give a generally positive review on them.
Their handling is very neutral, but you'll have to adjust your suspension a little. When I first installed them the feedback was on the wooden side. Made the adjustments, and found that the tip in is very predictable and controlled, a bit on the slow side compared to the S20's I just came off of. Since then, I've put on about 4000 km (quite a few of them 2 up), hardly any signs of wear as of yet.
Haven't ridden in the rain hardly at all, so I can't give honest input on that.

Has anyone had any experience with Bridgestone T30 evo’s ? (for a 2008 Suzuki GSX650F) Thanks!

I have the T30's on my ST1100. Apparently these were the predecessor to the EVO's. Mounted last spring and now have just over 8000km on them. Still looking good and wearing evenly; however, I think I might only get another 2-3000 km out of the set.

Thanks 'BED' and 'Malks' for the input. Very much appreciated. I'm going to have a set of the Bridgestones put on my bike.

Metzler= Pirelli
Same company. Same tire profiles

Pretty happy with Bridgestone T30 GT's on my Concours 1400. It eats tires just like the FJR. 5000 km in wiht no signs of wear and great handling overall. I went to a 55 series rear instead of the 50 and it made a huge difference to tipping in on turns. Very happy and will get another set when these are dead.

And metzeler takes the top 2 spots again. Not sure why anyone uses something else.
One thing the test doesn't tell you is how long does each Tire last which it was my number one priority when looking for sport touring tires. Without that category on the test it really wouldn't affect my buying decision.

If I wanted the best handling Tire I would go with a sport Tire but I'm looking for good handling and most importantly long lasting.

One thing the test doesn't tell you is how long does each Tire last which it was my number one priority when looking for sport touring tires. Without that category on the test it really wouldn't affect my buying decision.

If I wanted the best handling Tire I would go with a sport Tire but I'm looking for good handling and most importantly long lasting.

I get 20,000kms out of a set of roadtec, I have even turned 1:23s at tmp on them. Sportec m7 about 12,000 km. So pretty reasonable.

On what bike?

This information really helps - I just put on a new set of PR2's and they handle great and according to a few people I know and trust their opinion they last a long time. I will probably look into the Roadtecs next time.

I get 20,000kms out of a set of roadtec, I have even turned 1:23s at tmp on them. Sportec m7 about 12,000 km. So pretty reasonable.

On what bike?

This information really helps - I just put on a new set of PR2's and they handle great and according to a few people I know and trust their opinion they last a long time. I will probably look into the Roadtecs next time.

09 750 gsxr, and 88 gsxr 1100. I'm sure I would get more kms, if I wasn't so throttle happy.

Last edited:
Just did my first run from Oshawa to downtown with PR4s vs the PR2s I was running last year it's night and day. Probably not fair on such a nice day, but they wowed me. Not going to say I want to test in the rain but I'm certainly optimistic.

On what bike?

PR4 lasted longer for me than PR2 and on a heavier, more powerful bike, I think wet traction would be the other main bonus of PR4. PR3 is very similar to 4, just wears out quicker.
I hope you got a good deal on those, btw. I think they were discontinued around 3 years ago.

PR4 lasted longer for me than PR2 and on a heavier, more powerful bike, I think wet traction would be the other main bonus of PR4. PR3 is very similar to 4, just wears out quicker.
I hope you got a good deal on those, btw. I think they were discontinued around 3 years ago.
Yea really good deal, some people say the 2s last longer than the 4s etc. Regardless the 2 are fantastic so far.

Back
Top Bottom