TD MM Still Seems to be the Most Affordable for SS | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD MM Still Seems to be the Most Affordable for SS

Eye8Pussies

I just wanted to share with everybody my story, which was a bit of an interesting one.

Background: 2009 Yamaha R6, Male, 31, GM2 License (G= 14 years, M2=3 years), University Alumni, live in Toronto (Etobicoke- south of 401), Married, two minor tickets, looking for a policy just for my bike since my tickets make it too expensive to start a new policy for my cars (cars and home with belair)

I was with TD MM last year for just liability for $1700. They wouldn't give me comprehensive because I didn't have an alarm on the bike. When I got my renewal this year, it went up to $2200 for no reason, so I cancelled the policy the day before the renewal date thinking that I could get a better price with one of the other insurance companies or through the brokers on GTAM.

Long story short, I called almost all the insurance companies and banks that insure bikes, Desjarden, Aviva, CIBC, RBC, Allstate, statefarm, Duffy, other brokers, etc. and they either didn't accept SS, required an M with more experience, or the quote was $3500-4000 (even on the occasions where they asked me to add at least one car to the policy, and in those cases, the car was significantly more than I'm paying now as well). It got to the point where I wasn't sure if I'd be able to ride this season, as it'd be dumb to spend that much on a vehicle that I won't use that much, as I also have baby on the way.

The conclusion though, was that I crawled back to TD hoping that they could just reinitialize my old policy or something, but they said that they couldn't and had to start from the beginning again, but they could take the information from my old profile at least. They went through the usual questions etc. to confirm that nothing had changed, there was some discussion about mileage where I said around 2000-3000kms per season, so agent told me he'd go with 2000kms. And the final number was....$1700 with comprehensive (I now have a 2-way alarm). I was ecstatic.

I just wanted to share that there was no need to go fill out papers, add my car or house, or anything like that. And with a new policy, I was able to get a great deal that was half of anywhere else for an SS (I have a friend who also works for TD MM and he said that it's because they only have two classes of bikes- sport or non-sport and then it goes by CCs afterwards).

So, I'd encourage everybody who is getting screwed with their SS insurance this year to give them a shout. You may be pleasantly surprised.

then theoretically, you should call them to let them know. The rep said that is the best thing to do, but that the rate most likely still won't go up, but it'll look good on the profile that you're honest with them.

But realistically, they'll never really know.

I'm 28, full m with Allstate. Paying 1300 for a 750.

Just get your M

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

油井緋色;2394687 said:
I'm 28, full m with Allstate. Paying 1300 for a 750.

Just get your M

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Do you have a stand alone policy? Tried to get a quote and they said no more sport bikes..

Do you have a stand alone policy? Tried to get a quote and they said no more sport bikes..

No. Gf's apartment and her car. We're under a joint policy.

I was with TDMM
Got kicked off to TD General

What groups does TDMM insure?(colleges, unis, groups, etc?)

I'd like to get back in :)

I was with TDMM
Got kicked off to TD General

What groups does TDMM insure?(colleges, unis, groups, etc?)

I'd like to get back in :)

When you attempt to get an online quote through TDMM, it'll have a dropdown box of a long list of institutions. That being said, the online quote figure in the end will likely not be accurate.

When you attempt to get an online quote through TDMM, it'll have a dropdown box of a long list of institutions. That being said, the online quote figure in the end will likely not be accurate.

Last time I did a quote, I had to enter the name of my college and whatnot (Which it took, but apparantly wasnt part of the groups they insure, so the booted me out after 1 year)
I dont get a drop down

Back
Top Bottom