$5000 increase with Intact Insurance | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

$5000 increase with Intact Insurance

I wonder how easy it is to be effectively blacklisted in the entire community of insurers by becoming a ****-disturber with even one of them.

Somewhat of a confusing update:

My current broker says my bike is blacklisted with Aviva and Aviva won't insure it. Yet, I've had a quote from a different broker though Aviva giving me a somewhat competitive rate. I asked the second broker for some clarification into this.

Whats the yr make and model of your bike?

Somewhat of a confusing update:

My current broker says my bike is blacklisted with Aviva and Aviva won't insure it. Yet, I've had a quote from a different broker though Aviva giving me a somewhat competitive rate. I asked the second broker for some clarification into this.

Glad I ride a milquetoast bike. FWIW, I just got a quote from a local broker from Intact for $1133 full-coverage on my Fazer 8. This is just a scosh more than what I'm at with SF at the moment.

Wonder if this is on the level or if they'll come back at me in a year with a multi-hundred percent increase.

If you haven't already done so, check with Wawanesa. They are by far the cheapest a few of my friends and I have found. We are all on 600/1000cc SS.

Is it the cheapest for bike alone or packaged with car + home, etc? My quote from Allstate was very cheap to bring everything over, I'd be completely floored if it could be beaten but I'm curious.

*speechless* ... wow

I've been insured with this company since I got the blackbird in 2013. The whole reason I got it was because they didn't have a surcharge for bikes 16+ years or older and if the rider was 30+years old, so I bought the bike just after I turned 30. Even if the surcharge was reapplied, the renewal should only be around $2000, not $6000

Did you ask them why?
Here and there I've read that 20+ year old bikes may be an issue for some insurers. Yours is close to that or there now depending on how they calculate when the 20 year period begins. This is strictly a hunch but I would definitely ask for an explanation.

Extortion... Anybody but a tow truck driver and insurer would go to jail for it.

I've received multiple quotes through multiple brokers through Aviva. I would love to know how there can be a $1000 difference between brokers when quoting the same insurance company.

Back
Top Bottom