Calling all Potential Light Weight racers.... | GTAMotorcycle.com

Calling all Potential Light Weight racers....

LWTRacer

With RACE, or SOAR...(or with CSBK if they figure their **** out)

Who are you?

What are you racing?

How long have you been racing? (BrianP may need to break out the abacus to count that high)

Where do you plan on racing this year?

There seems to be a great deal of guys who want to head out to the race track, and take up racing but 600s and 1000s tend to put them off. Not just due to power and a steep learning curve but because of sheer cost.

For the cost of a full race pipe for an R6, I bought a light weight bike, kitted it out for racing, and did a whole season....

So who is out there?

Who is coming to the RACE test weekend? Or SOAR test weekend (if they have one??)

Been roadracing for around 31 years. Mostly lightweight bikes. I'll be bringing my 250 Ninja to several of the SOAR endurance races and hopefully my XR650R project bike out for a few sprints. I have raced bikes that cost $350.00. Kind of fun when you bust a move on a $10,000 bike with a bike that cost less than a set of tires. ;)

I've been road racing since 2005. (RS125s/TZ250s/CBR600s now a Bandit 400)

Ill be racing my Bandit 400 (if the motor can be repaired in time) in LWT production with RACE.

Had a '93 RS125. Funnest bike EVER! The entertainment level of the 250 Ninja is up there too.

I'm building a ninja 300 right now and I'm registered for the school at Shannonville April 30. I'm not sure if i'll be good enough but, i'm gonna give it a shot anyway

Who? Me.

What am I racing? The same FZR400 as last year. I am not sure, but this bike might be in contention for the most number of years racing by one owner on one bike anywhere in Canada - at least if you go by the frame and crankcase numbers, it's been through a few sets of bodywork and I've been in the engine a few times ...

How long? ?integer overflow error

Where? SOAR and VRRA. I will miss at least one SOAR round due to a scheduling conflict with VRRA's Calabogie round. VRRA will be Period 4 Formula 3. SOAR will be Vintage and Lightweight Superbike.

The SOAR practice weekend is May 7-8. Which day, I will make that call closer to the day of, depending on the weather.

I'm building a ninja 300 right now and I'm registered for the school at Shannonville April 30. I'm not sure if i'll be good enough but, i'm gonna give it a shot anyway

As long as you are out there having fun...thats all that matters. Speed comes with seat time, seat time comes with having enough fun to want to keep going out!

I should be at RACE April 30th on someone's cbr250. Probably race it once or twice in 2016. Just got the racing license in Dec .

I should be at RACE April 30th on someone's cbr250. Probably race it once or twice in 2016. Just got the racing license in Dec .

How did you get a race licence in Dec? You have to take a school....

And who's bike are you planning on borrowing? The CBR250r is a riot to ride! No braking ever!

Planning on the RACE series. I've signed up for RACE School, will find out next week if I made it into the April 30th class.
Never raced before but there's a few joining this year so I don't think I'll be the only one. I might be the oldest new rider though, so I got that going for me ;)
Running a CBR250.

Like Slick Steveo my skill level is unknown, but giving it a shot anyway.

Planning on the RACE series. I've signed up for RACE School, will find out next week if I made it into the April 30th class.
Never raced before but there's a few joining this year so I don't think I'll be the only one. I might be the oldest new rider though, so I got that going for me ;)
Running a CBR250.

Dont forget when you race with the RACE super series, you are allowed to use the Race mentor program and get 50% off your racing costs for your first weekend that you race!

Running a CBR250.

lol...I'm 51 my first grandkid was born Nov.5

My 14 yr old stepson is almost ready, he has been on dirtbikes since he was old enough to walk, there is another 300 in the garage that needs a few parts waiting for him....I think we may enroll him into either racer5 or fast this year

lol...I'm 51 my first grandkid was born Nov.5

My 14 yr old stepson is almost ready, he has been on dirtbikes since he was old enough to walk, there is another 300 in the garage that needs a few parts waiting for him....I think we may enroll him into either racer5 or fast this year

Ok you win .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How did you get a race licence in Dec? You have to take a school....

And who's bike are you planning on borrowing? The CBR250r is a riot to ride! No braking ever!

I’ve completed both FAST and Racer5, so if you purchaseda 2016 licence before Dec 31[SUP]st[/SUP] you got a test day free. My wife has a 250 with the race kit for trackdays.

I started racing when I was 14. On an rs125 that was as old as I was.

Started young! It's the only way...hell the Europeans started on mini motos at 5 and 6 years old!

I started racing by doing a couple of RACE events last season, at the ripe old age of 47.
I'll be giving 'er a go and riding in the RACE Super Series again this year, on a CBR250.

I agree; having rode and tracked 600, 900 and 1000cc machines over the past 30-odd years: The fun-level, affordability and challenge offered by racing Lightweight 'bikes is about as good as it gets. Rocket-booster acceleration is fun, but wringing-the-neck of a small, lightweight machine and carrying a LOT of corner speed feels even better!
Will it be a thrill to get a result, like a podium or whatever: Sure .... Did I get close to such a result last year: Nope - but it made no difference to how much fun I had out there. I improved my lap times every session, thanks to the help and advice freely and enthusiastically given by friends and also by plenty of other guys I met in the paddock and I hope to carry on in a similar vane again this year.

Great to hear that more of you are "coming out to play" this year. Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome !!

I'll be at the RACE test weekend; if I get my 'bike prepped in time, my **** together and the weather cooperates somewhat .....
None of which are absolutely guaranteed .... but we'll see ;-)

I started racing by doing a couple of RACE events last season, at the ripe old age of 47.
I'll be giving 'er a go and riding in the RACE Super Series again this year, on a CBR250.

I agree; having rode and tracked 600, 900 and 1000cc machines over the past 30-odd years: The fun-level, affordability and challenge offered by racing Lightweight 'bikes is about as good as it gets. Rocket-booster acceleration is fun, but wringing-the-neck of a small, lightweight machine and carrying a LOT of corner speed feels even better!
Will it be a thrill to get a result, like a podium or whatever: Sure .... Did I get close to such a result last year: Nope - but it made no difference to how much fun I had out there. I improved my lap times every session, thanks to the help and advice freely and enthusiastically given by friends and also by plenty of other guys I met in the paddock and I hope to carry on in a similar vane again this year.

Great to hear that more of you are "coming out to play" this year. Can't wait, it's gonna be awesome !!

I'll be at the RACE test weekend; if I get my 'bike prepped in time, my **** together and the weather cooperates somewhat .....
None of which are absolutely guaranteed .... but we'll see ;-)

I see a podium in your future this season Mike! You were doing very well at Round 5 last year and your speed improved by a ton from your first to your last race.

Back
Top Bottom