Btrutal... This is only going to make things worse for those fleeing Syria... | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Btrutal... This is only going to make things worse for those fleeing Syria...

Refugee families with children will effectively be funding your pension when you retire. While the parents may or may not be able to make a net positive contribution to Canada's bottom line during what remains of their lives, their children are another story altogether. Those children will become contributing taxpayers paying into the system that will be paying out your CPP.

Do you guarantee that? I would like to retire in 3 years. Are those children you speak of going to be employed in time? If not I expect you to bolster my pension at your expense.

I wasn't responding to Grifs post. I was responding to Zoodles.

However even if you are a refugee the world owes you nothing. My friend Tony drove a taxi in LA for the first 6 months he lived there.

There seems to be 2 kinds of people in the world, those who are self sufficient and those who can't fend for themselves.

Why is it that there are so many disenfranchised and angry Muslims in France and Brussels? It is not like these countries are like the U.S. and are actively meddling in the Middle East which is the common argument I hear with why there is Western hatred. I do realize that France used to be a major Colonial power but that is generations ago. Just wondering why so many of the "home grown" terrorists are in France and Belgium? I also wonder if these are first generation, second generation, third generation?

What will prevent that from happening here? Are we doing much differently than France and Belgium?

Whole different story buddy.

Not really. Refugees seeking safe haven from a dire situation not of their own making, and the question is, do we extend our hand to help them reach safe haven or do we just close our doors and hope they'll go away?

Why is it that there are so many disenfranchised and angry Muslims in France and Brussels? It is not like these countries are like the U.S. and are actively meddling in the Middle East which is the common argument I hear with why there is Western hatred. I do realize that France used to be a major Colonial power but that is generations ago. Just wondering why so many of the "home grown" terrorists are in France and Belgium? I also wonder if these are first generation, second generation, third generation?

That Salah Abdeslam dude was born in Brussels in 1989 so it's not like he spent a lot of time in a war-zone or under the thumb of a brutal dictatorship.

What will prevent that from happening here? Are we doing much differently than France and Belgium?

It can't be prevented, at least not entirely. We need effective laws to make enforcement possible, we need to rely on intelligence and we need moderates within "certain" communities to engage and report, say, "radicalization" and other suspect behaviors to authorities. There's a real dilemma there as there are in other communities where "snitching" to the police -- coming forward after a shooting, for example -- is either frowned upon by the community at large or there are real safety concerns for the individual(s) and their famlies that are speaking up.

Not really. Refugees seeking safe haven from a dire situation not of their own making, and the question is, do we extend our hand to help them reach safe haven or do we just close our doors and hope they'll go away?

Do we let in a fraction as window dressing to show the world how wonderful we are? What about all the rest who we do close our doors to? Does your compassion not apply to them as well? Let's get the diplomatic apparatus in gear and find out why oil rich neighbouring Arab countries and the one nuclear democracy in the region can't help. Do you know how many unused billions of dollars are floating around that area?

Most immigrants I've met have been harder working than most Canadians.

Most immigrants by definition are "self starters". I don't think that label always applies to people who are displaced by forces not of their own choosing.

That's right. We can pretend that it's June 1939 and the MS St. Louis again.

So this thread lists a pile of significant problems with Justin racing to import refugees into our fine country and yet not matter what that answer cannot be don't let them in, even if that's temporary while "we sort things out". Got it.

Do we let in a fraction as window dressing to show the world how wonderful we are? What about all the rest who we do close our doors to? Does your compassion not apply to them as well? Let's get the diplomatic apparatus in gear and find out why oil rich neighbouring Arab countries and the one nuclear democracy in the region can't help. Do you know how many unused billions of dollars are floating around that area?

Bingo.

Of course this inconvenient truth is blatantly ignored by progressives.......

Could it be that they aren't actually disenfranchised or angry in the way you say they are? Could it be it has nothing to do with the misdirection of "meddling in the middle east"? Could it possibly be something deeper that progressives just don't like to talk about?

Short answer is economics, in this case mixed with a little segregation. History repeats itself...

The longer form, in much of Europe Muslims live in segregation, not mandated segregation like in the olden days but segregation none the less (some call it ghettos). There is a lot of racism against them also adding to the segregation. At the same time these segregated areas are in very poor economic shape. Whenever you have these two items together it is very easy for someone to rise up and blame some other people for their plight, and people will follow. In this case you have radicalised religious nutters telling people that all this is someone else's doing not their own and that they need to rise up--brainwashing follows. Disenfranchised, poor, segregated, easy answers (someone else is doing this to you) equals bad things.

This happens over and over again, just different factions. In the 1930s we had Hitler telling Germans that they needed rise up and that their plight was the fault of the Jews... Segregation was less of an issue by economics played a huge role.

White supremacists play the same games. Telling people that it is the fault of the immigrants and they need to rise up... They are self segregated, just like Muslims in much of Europe.

Over and over... The poor do the bidding of the nutter because it is all someone else's fault. That covers 99% of it, the last 1% is mental illness...

Blacks are a minority & they suffer the same challenges, but we don't hear them bombing airports or subways.

No respect for anyone who wants to kill me!

Benevolence in general isn't universal. IIRC when Nelson Mandela was touring around to get the South Africa situation fixed Canada gave him a couple of million. Japan gave him bus fare. How many refugees is Japan accepting?

I don't think India, Bangladesh or most African countries are in a good position to help. How about China or Russia?

If Trump gets in he'll try to work a five for one deal with the middle east. He'll take one billionaire if they take back five taxi drivers.

The point is that there are a limited number of countries that can help and they will be over run.

Getting the billionaire locals involved would take years of diplomacy, something they would make sure of. Even then a billion dollars spread over a million people is a thousand a person. In Toronto that keeps you alive for a week.

Immigration in general, We whiteys may complain about the Immies but would rather have big screen TVs than big families. We'd rather have a pickup truck than a PhD but complain that we can't pronounce our doctor's name.

On the other end of the scale we bring in foreign workers to do menial jobs like fruit picking because the jobs are beneath us.

In this our personal tragedies will, to the world, be like bug splat on a windshield.

Blacks are a minority & they suffer the same challenges, but we don't hear them bombing airports or subways.

The blacks want to move up in our system. The radical extremists want to destroy our systems and replace them with theirs. You can work with the first group.

Think of it this way, just because a group is economically depressed does not mean they will go down the nutter's path but economic depression is a requirement to go down the path...

Think of it this way, just because a group is economically depressed does not mean they will go down the nutter's path but economic depression is a requirement to go down the path...

Economic depression may be one of the reasons but it's not the exclusive requirement to go down such a path.

If you're economically depressed pick fruit. If single, have more children.

Back
Top Bottom