After riding my friends Ninja 300 for a season, ready to get my own wheels... | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

After riding my friends Ninja 300 for a season, ready to get my own wheels...

Dude there's nothing wrong with the FZ6R but if you think that the suspension on it is better or that the FZ6 is outdated in comparison then you lose your credibility. Every single component on it is a downgrade...
I don't understand why do you get so defensive every time something is posted about the bike you own.
Did you help design it maybe? That steel tube frame from the 80's is your brainchild?

;)

Don't be upset. My bikes, for example, are both ugly and have tons of faults. I still like them.

I fully agree the FZ6 is higher up the food chain, even tho it is also a budget bike. All I'm saying is that I don't like how people talk about the R with new riders like it has zero purpose and if you bought one you'd be an idiot. Because when you say stuff like that you lose your credibility.

But if you are trying to win the debate. Yes the FZ6 is the faster bike. For the record I would take a FZ6N over my R anyday, sadly they aren't available here.

I love my new sig!:lmao:

Keep it! I love that :lmao:

Just proof that riding a bike is the only way to truly know what it's like, i hated the FZ6R at one time and now i own one and love it.

Hey now, i have to defend the bike in my garage you know ;)

Last edited:
Thank you so much. This is exactly the response I was looking for. I think i'll be looking more at the SV650 and Vstrom... although to be honest even the ninja 400 isn't too bad.
As you said, the VStrom isn't the prettiest bike out there, but I find that if you squint and look at it from just the right angle in the early evening, it looks ok.

I live in Mississauga and if you want to see one and sit on one and get a feel for how it fits, send me a message here. I'm not sure how many are available at the $4k price point though. The engine is very smooth and predictable for the 1st gen models, which use the detuned SV motor. The newer models (post 2012) use the Gladius engine. I ride with many Vstrom owners that are taller than 6' who seem to enjoy the bike. Great for highway and touring and twisties and ok for some light off road stuff.

As you said, the VStrom isn't the prettiest bike out there, but I find that if you squint and look at it from just the right angle in the early evening, it looks ok.

I live in Mississauga and if you want to see one and sit on one and get a feel for how it fits, send me a message here. I'm not sure how many are available at the $4k price point though. The engine is very smooth and predictable for the 1st gen models, which use the detuned SV motor. The newer models (post 2012) use the Gladius engine. I ride with many Vstrom owners that are taller than 6' who seem to enjoy the bike. Great for highway and touring and twisties and ok for some light off road stuff.

I'll be honest, I still haven't seen one in the flesh so maybe they do look nicer than i think. What year is yours?

I might have to take you up on your offer! That's very generous of you.

Mine is a 2011 - so engine based off the SV. I changed the bars, the seat and lots of other stuff for long distance riding. I should be home Tuesday afternoon if you are interested.
Stock Version:
0407021417a-X2.jpg

Mine:
DSCN0105-X2.jpg

Last edited:
Mine is a 2011:
DSCN0105-X2.jpg
Yours is set up like my friend's bike. Not sure of the year of his but he also has the bash plate, crash bars, foot rests, side bags and top case. His has one more thing, a custom tube pipe on the other side that looks like another muffler, but is used to hold his rain gear.

attachment.php

Attachments

• SANY0948 (1).jpg
    SANY0948 (1).jpg
    33 KB · Views: 62
Last edited:
Just have the first of many quotes rolling in, and Andy Singh at DT looks like he'll be taking the cake.

Pretty much half priced of other quotes (that I thought were reasonable) were giving me. Wow, I am much more excited knowing I can pay closer to $110/month ($1400/year) on an SV650.

Back
Top Bottom