Android Boxs - whose got 1? | Page 7 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android Boxs - whose got 1?

I have no sympathy for Rogers & bell. I hope they go the way of the dinosaurs

I use one, purchased it off Amazon for about $45, I've even hooked up my parents. I love it, watch new movies and any show you want. I pay $6 a month for HD which gives me the option to watch shows that are less popular in HD. The more popular shows you wouldn't really need it. But I'm so happy with this, sure beats paying for overpriced cable.

Also avoid the dealers, the people you see in malls trying to charge you an arm and a leg for something similar... And by arm and a leg I've seen people try to sell these things for $300! Honestly, just buy the box online and set it up yourself, I'm sure there are several youtube videos to help you.

Sent from my LG-D852 using Tapatalk

I use one, purchased it off Amazon for about $45, I've even hooked up my parents. I love it, watch new movies and any show you want. I pay $6 a month for HD which gives me the option to watch shows that are less popular in HD. The more popular shows you wouldn't really need it. But I'm so happy with this, sure beats paying for overpriced cable.

Also avoid the dealers, the people you see in malls trying to charge you an arm and a leg for something similar... And by arm and a leg I've seen people try to sell these things for $300! Honestly, just buy the box online and set it up yourself, I'm sure there are several youtube videos to help you.

What box did you buy?

A friend of mine does this full-time. A great guy and a wonderful product.

http://socialstreamglobal.com/

Check the business out if you're interested.
Lol $250?! For the same box you can get on the SkyStreamX website for $100.

It actually disgusts me how people take advantage of those less tech savvy.. By charging over double of what an item is worth. I've actually saved people from getting scammed like that at mall stands.

Last edited:
No issues, you can buy the box on Ebay or amazon and they come pre-loaded. These companies that sell the boxes are ripp offs anyways, they just rely on people's lack of knoledge on how things work to make a buck.

Agreed - I've bought 3 off ebay, and while the quality often isn't HD, I truly don't care given the cost savings.

The industry is being shaped by technology, just like the music & movie industry. I have a feeling they won't get alot of sympathy after all they raped their customers

Rogers and Bell will continue to rape customers by making them pay $100+ a month for cellphone usage, even if they lose TV customers.

Just a quick question, what's a good mini keyboard/mouse that everyone is using? I hate using full size (or even half size) wireless keyboards. I've used a few apps for my phone, but I'm looking for a standalone keyboard for my media box that I can use one handed. Can be USB wireless or Bluetooth.

I've got one of these, love the form factor but they are just pieces of junk. Trying to use the mousepad was a source of utter frustration.
http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Produc...XWBn3i3Yr8r3bzdZIympalb9gpDlLpTbhMaAh1Y8P8HAQ

Trying to find something cheaper than buying an old phone just to use as a TV remote.

I use this one - just search amazon for wireless android keyboard
324-Vensmile-CS918-RK3188-Quad-Core-Android-TV-Box-XBMC-Fully-loaded-1080P-HD-2GB-8GB-Smart-tv-box+2.4G-Wireless-keyboard-5-750x750.jpg

I got one on aliexpress & just paid US$11

I got one on aliexpress & just paid US$11

And you might get it within 3 months, and it might work. If it doesn't, good luck getting a resolution. I just deactivated my aliexpress account because I got sent a steaming turd and their only solution was for me to send it back to them -- too bad shipping costs to China are 1000x higher than from China.

Sure you pay more at amazon, but at least if there are any issues you can just print a return shipping label and drop it in the mailbox.

And you might get it within 3 months, and it might work. If it doesn't, good luck getting a resolution. I just deactivated my aliexpress account because I got sent a steaming turd and their only solution was for me to send it back to them -- too bad shipping costs to China are 1000x higher than from China.

Sure you pay more at amazon, but at least if there are any issues you can just print a return shipping label and drop it in the mailbox.

My experience so far has been impeccable. If it doesn't work, I get my money back. My keyboard has been working for 3 mths

Picked up an odroid C2 board, case, power supply and remote for $60usd plus shipping from ameridroid.com. Loaded kodi by way of libreELEC. Tested it out with a couple .264 and .265 encoded files, worked nice, looks good. Still setting things up

Looked for set top boxes that have the ability to decode hvec .265 and only found the roku 4 which retails for $130usd and not sold in Canada yet so services would require a vpn.

Ive been looking at getting a raspberry Pi to put kodi on. They are cheap little computers that can be used for more then just kodi. I don't know what's in these China boxes but Pi r high quality boards

does any have a Pi that they use kodi on? I'd be very curiouse to know what your thoughts r on running it on it.

Ive been looking at getting a raspberry Pi to put kodi on. They are cheap little computers that can be used for more then just kodi. I don't know what's in these China boxes but Pi r high quality boards

does any have a Pi that they use kodi on? I'd be very curiouse to know what your thoughts r on running it on it.
I recommend the odroid C2 over the raspberry pi 3, for a couple dollars more the odroid is faster, built in heatsink, more ram, has x.265 and .264 decoder chip, .264 encoder chip. Wifi can be added if needed but you have on board gigabit that doesn't pass through the usb bus (on the pi it goes through the usb bus and limits through put). to really speed things up you can use an eMMC memory chip instead of a micro SD flash card.

I recommend the odroid C2 over the raspberry pi 3, for a couple dollars more the odroid is faster, built in heatsink, more ram, has x.265 and .264 decoder chip, .264 encoder chip. Wifi can be added if needed but you have on board gigabit that doesn't pass through the usb bus (on the pi it goes through the usb bus and limits through put). to really speed things up you can use an eMMC memory chip instead of a micro SD flash card.

hmmm I never heard about it I'll have too look into it. There are so many single chip boards now days I can't keep track lol.

Is that what you use to run kodi? Is the only place to buy it off the manufacturers website?

hmmm I never heard about it I'll have too look into it. There are so many single chip boards now days I can't keep track lol.

Is that what you use to run kodi? Is the only place to buy it off the manufacturers website?

I bought it from ameridroid.com they are reputable, a friend runs a mirror for them

I'll write up what I did later on

Back
Top Bottom