Android Boxs - whose got 1? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android Boxs - whose got 1?

People that complaint are lazy or can not change the time in their microwave. Downloading is illegal, streaming is not these boxes stream.
Cool. Will look into it more. Thanks

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

The kids? Really? As long as mine have YouTube and video games they dgaf

I know that some posts are saying that it is all easy to set up, but I'm with you, @Iceman. Reading these posts I'm finding it all very confusing. Some of the guys at work have the Android boxes, but I keep hearing them complain that they can't find a show, or movie or that it's crap quality.
Question-- how legit are these boxes? And the streaming? Are there any possible legal implications?

Learning curve is steep, but YouTube has videos on nearly everything you might need. Look at the "Kodimaster Wizard" , it basically does everything you need to start, then there's some fine tuning needed afterwards.

The kids? Really? As long as mine have YouTube and video games they dgaf

I know that some posts are saying that it is all easy to set up, but I'm with you, @Iceman. Reading these posts I'm finding it all very confusing. Some of the guys at work have the Android boxes, but I keep hearing them complain that they can't find a show, or movie or that it's crap quality.
Question-- how legit are these boxes? And the streaming? Are there any possible legal implications?

you ride a bike right?
so do MotoGP/track racers
therefore their level of conversation will be very different than yours
it's the same thing right now in this thread, some ppl are more advanced than you...right now

Canadian content can be slim. Canada On Demand, as mentioned, is mostly broken.

CanLiveTV is limping along (some of us are pushing the author for an update) and does have a handful of live channels that are still working, including History TV Canada and a great HD feed from Global TV Toronto. It's not much so far as live TV goes, but both work impeccably well (not to mention the few others that also work) and it fulfils the "I just want something on in the background" type thing. Global is good for your morning fix of news and weather while getting ready for work, and History has the usual spattering of reality junk that fits a need now and then.

There is a CBC app that works quite well and allows you to watch a lot of previously recorded CBC shows like 22 minutes and a ton of other content.

The one and only channel that I honestly miss from cable is CP24 - it was our "go to" channel for quick fix news and such. There have been repositories that carried it for brief periods but it seldom lasts more than a few days. In the meantime, Global Toronto suffices.

As for the learning curve, yes it can be steep, but there are a million how-to sites out there that walk you through things step by step, as well as YouTube videos (not my go to, quality to junk/babble ratio is too high on many for my liking) that will help most people except for the most technically inept.

you ride a bike right?
so do MotoGP/track racers
therefore their level of conversation will be very different than yours
it's the same thing right now in this thread, some ppl are more advanced than you...right now
Very good viewpoint, thank you.

People that complaint are lazy or can not change the time in their microwave. Downloading is illegal, streaming is not these boxes stream.

You sure about that? Streaming is legal when it's paid for like a Netflix subscription. This is basically the same as setting up your torrent client to play before the download is finished.

- I have the M8S that i bought from Ebay for 70 bucks, they all come with software installed including Kodi.

Thanks for that - just picked up two - once I'm unplugged at home & the cottage I'll be saving ~ $2000/year.

Thanks for that - just picked up two - once I'm unplugged at home & the cottage I'll be saving ~ $2000/year.
If you need any help pm me.

Google how to install TV ADD-ONS. And use the Config wizard.

If you need any help pm me.

Google how to install TV ADD-ONS. And use the Config wizard.

My wife and I are both in IT (and I've got a know-it-all teen in the house ;) ), so I think we'll be ok, but thanks - appreciate it and will reach out as needed.

While some might see that as an invitation to stream from unauthorized sites, the data suggests that services such as Netflix constitute the overwhelming majority of online streaming activity. Should unauthorized streaming services continue to grow, however, rights holders will likely become more aggressive in targeting the sites themselves using another feature of the 2012 Canadian copyright reform package.

It's copyright infringement, hence, illegal. They just aren't going after people for it yet.

It's copyright infringement, hence, illegal. They just aren't going after people for it yet.

According to our laws, it's not actually. Read the Toronto Star links that were posted in their entirety.

According to our laws, it's not actually. Read the Toronto Star links that were posted in their entirety.

if they want to go after anyone, they want the people that are hosting/sourcing the stuff. Which I think is foolish.

Netflix has shown that people are willing to pay for a product that delivers their needs. $200/mth for 65 channels of crap doesn't meet peoples viewing needs. Technology and viewership is adapting faster than distribution companies and tv/film studios.

Heck, most shows you can watch free of charge right on the website of your local station (with commercials of course).

It's a matter of time until artificial, geoblocking, blackout rules are revised and everyone has access to everything, for a fair price. Until that happens, these alternatives (just like FTA boxes, Satellites, reprogrammed cable boxes, etc before them) are what folks will use.

Last edited:
Agreed, these cable companies don't even make a technological effort, have you seen the new rogers UI for their boxes? why go ahead and make it slower and worse?

Just waiting to get a reliable sports addon and I will cancel cable completely - I think my wife is finally on board with that

Agreed, these cable companies don't even make a technological effort, have you seen the new rogers UI for their boxes? why go ahead and make it slower and worse?

Just waiting to get a reliable sports addon and I will cancel cable completely - I think my wife is finally on board with that

Live sports/events (in anything better than potato quality) will be the final nail in the coffin. Soon as a solution is found, things will change dramatically.

What sports are you trying to watch out of curiosity?
I've been pretty good with getting live sports (mainly soccer) from sportsdevil in HD. Worst case scenario, go over to a live tv addon and find the channel the games are on.

is buying one of someone locally who says its "fully programmed" a scam?

im trying to figure out where the extra $50-60 goes to.
i have found a Z4 android box on kijiji for $155 but on amazon its $98
https://www.amazon.ca/Android-64Bit-Loaded-RK3368-Lollipop/dp/B0183AAPHQ

or local
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1148544983

reason im looking at this box is its 2gig ram and 16 gig hard drive.
other 1 im looking at is the g box q2 but apparently that needs programming out of the box too?

In my opinion yes - It is a scam. My first box was purchased from one of these "we will set it up for you" people and i paid 180, from that point on I bought ebay for 70/80 and guess what, they came already setup with the same thing as I paid the extra 100 for.

is buying one of someone locally who says its "fully programmed" a scam?

im trying to figure out where the extra $50-60 goes to.
i have found a Z4 android box on kijiji for $155 but on amazon its $98
https://www.amazon.ca/Android-64Bit-Loaded-RK3368-Lollipop/dp/B0183AAPHQ

or local
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-view-details.html?requestSource=b&adId=1148544983

reason im looking at this box is its 2gig ram and 16 gig hard drive.
other 1 im looking at is the g box q2 but apparently that needs programming out of the box too?

Back
Top Bottom