Android Boxs - whose got 1? | Page 14 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android Boxs - whose got 1?

Maintance tool is dead and was replaced with indigo. This tool doesn't have zero cache.

thx
I was wondering why I couldn't install Maint tools...thought it was my SPMC build.
There is also a Merlin Cleaner app, that auto cleans cache too.
have a look

Indigo has auto purge and if you had the old maintenance tool installed then you got indigo installed weather you like it or not. Auto maintenance is set active by default. This is old news guys.

Maintance tool is dead and was replaced with indigo. This tool doesn't have zero cache.
When you load the Indigo wizard it does the zero cache automatically. I just done want to use a wizard .

Indigo has auto purge and if you had the old maintenance tool installed then you got indigo installed weather you like it or not. Auto maintenance is set active by default. This is old news guys.

old news to you, remember this is new for a lot of ppl

Just upgraded to a beelink S905X and Kodi 17.1

Soooooo fn nice compared to my old original MX box with some old ass version of Kodi that was barely functional

The crackdown is coming!!!

Cisco Draws Attention To The Rise of Pirate IPTV:

To the hardened file-sharer, paying for pirate content seems a ridiculous thing to do, but that's exactly what thousands of consumers are gravitating towards in 2017. Pirate IPTV services provide staggering amounts of live and VOD content for a small monthly fee and networking company Cisco suggests that the market may already be millions strong.

Read more: https://torrentfreak.com/cisco-draws-attention-to-the-rise-of-pirate-iptv-170413/

The crackdown is coming!!!

Cisco Draws Attention To The Rise of Pirate IPTV:

To the hardened file-sharer, paying for pirate content seems a ridiculous thing to do, but that's exactly what thousands of consumers are gravitating towards in 2017. Pirate IPTV services provide staggering amounts of live and VOD content for a small monthly fee and networking company Cisco suggests that the market may already be millions strong.

Read more: https://torrentfreak.com/cisco-draws-attention-to-the-rise-of-pirate-iptv-170413/

How did the crackdown work out with Napster?
Of right, more people learned about what Mp3's are.
And more sites popped up to replace Napster...which you can now stream music for free e.g. Shoutcast.

If a 22 year old kid can hack into all those companies and steal that much data...uhm...as the hackers will likely say "challenge accepted".

Anyone using pine64 for their android box? Any chance they got vpn running on it? For some reason mine just won't work.

Update - there is a new Pulse CCM build that works with Kodi 17.
I am using SPMC (Kodi 16)...SPMC is designed for Android and is fast and smooth with the Pulse CCM build for SPMC/Kodi" 16.

SPMC=Kodi, made by one of the Kodi Devs...just more refined for Android.
1 simple feature I like...I can exit the app from any screen and switch into tv mode or Youtube then when I go back to SPMC/Kodi, it is still running and on the screen where I left off. Kodi app would exit/close when I switch to another tv function.

So FilmOn streams are now a paid service since 1st May. Are there any alternatives that don't use FilmOn streams? Missing my Brit TV.

A lot of the "free" streams are shutting down or being shut down. Do not expect any help from the people at KODI because quite often you'll see someone selling KODI or Android boxes and then direct you to the KODI forums for support. Often the streams are pirated streams and sometimes need payment because broadcasting and subscribing to channels costs money/equipment, and the people developing KODI a) want no part of it because it delegitimizes KODI and b) they're not getting paid to support your equipment. Have to be careful with some of the android boxes out there as they are slapping together which ever chipset is cheapest and KODI does not work on these units directly. Before buying a box to use KODI on you might want to research it's compatibility, I think there's going to be a bit of a pushback in terms of what KODI will run on with out issues.

Is there a unit which supports playing mkv and mp4 files from an external hard drive?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

So FilmOn streams are now a paid service since 1st May. Are there any alternatives that don't use FilmOn streams? Missing my Brit TV.

UK Turks is back up and running . For British shows especially live tv, paying a a small amount for IPTV is the way to go.

Is there a unit which supports playing mkv and mp4 files from an external hard drive?

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk
I'm doing that with my Odroid C2 and a NAS, but an external hard drive would work pretty much the same. probably even easier with libreelec (KODI on it's own OS, no other apps).

http://ameridroid.com/products/odroid-c2

I recommend getting the non-usb power supply from them, may as well get the case too, if you have a Harmony remote it works with it. it will also work with wireless mice and keyboards. you can grab a micro sd card anywhere or get their eMMC which is faster.

Interesting...

I have a whack of TV series and stuff on some external hard drives and they work seamlessly with my Samsung Smart TV. If an Android box can play stuff like this easily then I could pick one up for use at the RV when the weather goes wonky.

Interesting...

I have a whack of TV series and stuff on some external hard drives and they work seamlessly with my Samsung Smart TV. If an Android box can play stuff like this easily then I could pick one up for use at the RV when the weather goes wonky.
I'd recommend an odroid or other SoC listed on the KODI site or pick up a ROKU 4/ultra as they play back the x.265 media that is becoming more popular. I've been backing up my DVDs to HDD and have been using the x.265 codec as you can get a 1080p blueray into a 720p h.264 file size (older more common standard). If all you're doing is playing back the media on your hard drives I'd go with libreelec as the os over android, its cleaner and less confusing (it's the same KODI). if you need other apps then you're going to be a little more complicated and depending on your comfort level the roku might be a better fit for you

Back
Top Bottom