Android Boxs - whose got 1? | Page 5 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Android Boxs - whose got 1?

Glad this thread came up. Will be looking to update my Android box this week as it's been a while since I used it, and need to figure out some live streaming onto it as I'd like more channels regularly instead of just the ones I get OTA.

Personally, I thought the Ras pi was more for fun and doing really basic things. It does not have the power to process 1080p or 4k movies.
I would find an old laptop Intel i3 with 4-8gb ram, toss in a cheap ssd drive and you have a very quiet powerful entertainment unit which can act as a backup if your laptop dies. If the power goes out, you can still watch a movie.

D, clear your inbox. Can't send you PMs.

can anyone recommend a link to a how to for setting up everything on the android box?

just got Phoenix set up on my phone. works but i lost sound. not sure if i clicked something or if it was a bad file...the movie is still in theaters that i clicked.

One thing is for sure, the cable companies are going to cut their own throats continuing to gouge people $100-$200/month for cable - the way the Kodi boxes are rapidly maturing it's only a matter or another year or so before they reach the point where they're going to work exactly the same as a Cable/Sat box (with a nice guide and everything), be reliable, and have plenty of HD streams...either for free, or perhaps $10-$20/month. When that happens and the "tinker factor" is no longer there (ie, "it just works, all the time, every time"), customers will flock to them...even the geriatrics and technophobes who would otherwise never be able to reliably operate them at their current maturity level will switch. Who in their right mind would continue to pay $100/month to Rogers when you can pay $20 instead?

When that happens, the cable/sat companies are going to start hemorrhaging customers so fast it's going to be a bloodbath.

They are going to HAVE to change at that point. It is inevitable.

This is already happening. i was at a store the other day and he sells the Android Box with a live tv plugin installed. 1500 channels, each one as clear as your Rogers or Bell source. Live everything including the premium channels and sports - showed me all sports channels in North America and UK. $15.00/month.

i think rogers is starting to see a major loss in customers...while i dont see how this benefited them because its now free....but whatever... i called yesterday to cancel all my cable add ons (we have basic cable included in our condo fees) and they gave me 2 years free on the VIP package and all the cable boxes.
i also switched to their 100u internet $65 a month including modem for unlimited data.

This is already happening. i was at a store the other day and he sells the Android Box with a live tv plugin installed. 1500 channels, each one as clear as your Rogers or Bell source. Live everything including the premium channels and sports - showed me all sports channels in North America and UK. $15.00/month.

Problem is, based on a lot of experience now, they don't work consistently or forever. That's why I suggest people that buy these are reasonably tech savvy so they can fix them themselves when they cease working.

Look at people who only knew how to use Genesis for example, and relied 100% on it. Now that it's dead they're either complaining about their box being "dead" (with some subscribing to cable/sat), or paying someone else to update their hardware for them...ie, install Exodus, SALTS, etc.

It's all a rather cyclical experience. Great periods, OK periods, bad periods. For example, one of my favorite plugins just went in the toilet (quality wise) this week because a much coveted channel was added, it spread all over the forums, and people installed it like crazy overloading the servers.

Problem is, based on a lot of experience now, they don't work consistently or forever. That's why I suggest people that buy these are reasonably tech savvy so they can fix them themselves when they cease working.

Look at people who only knew how to use Genesis for example, and relied 100% on it. Now that it's dead they're either complaining about their box being "dead" (with some subscribing to cable/sat), or paying someone else to update their hardware for them...ie, install Exodus, SALTS, etc.

It's all a rather cyclical experience. Great periods, OK periods, bad periods. For example, one of my favorite plugins just went in the toilet (quality wise) this week because a much coveted channel was added, it spread all over the forums, and people installed it like crazy overloading the servers.

At the end of the day, it's free and if you can't follow a Youtube video to update or install then stick with Bell/Rogers. As mentioned before, add a cheap $25-!00 indoor or outdoor antenna to pickup OTA (you will get quite a few channels, free).

Again, Kodi is FREE therefore what do ppl expect.

Again, Kodi is FREE therefore what do ppl expect.

Some people are paying for service through various plugins and then are surprised when they get crappy, or stop working all together. There's a long track record of this sort of crap. That was my point.

The free stuff, I agree, you get what you pay for and it's generally quite good.

anyone found a keybpard app that will run on your android phone and control the box?
typing sucks with the D pad

anyone found a keybpard app that will run on your android phone and control the box?
yatse is the best one.

Kodi has a native remote app for both iPhone and android. Just search for it.

Personallly, I bought a keymote, easier yet.

i think rogers is starting to see a major loss in customers...while i dont see how this benefited them because its now free....but whatever... i called yesterday to cancel all my cable add ons (we have basic cable included in our condo fees) and they gave me 2 years free on the VIP package and all the cable boxes.
i also switched to their 100u internet $65 a month including modem for unlimited data.

Same here. We watch very little and called to cancel. Digital VIP, 150ish GB internet for $90 all-in. I'm happy with that. Still going to get an android box when I get a garage tv.

Thanks to everyone for all the info here - I love this thread. Really want to try it out now
get 1 off amazon. i know im really new to owning it but 2 gig of ram and 16 gig hard drive is the specs i looked for.
paid $110 shipped...im ok with paying someone for a service to program something i know nothing about, but i really wanted to learn how to do it and honestly its really easy.
im running some add ons in Kodi and my new fave app outside of kodi to watch shows is showbox.

anyone have any other apps i should download??

get 1 off amazon. i know im really new to owning it but 2 gig of ram and 16 gig hard drive is the specs i looked for.
paid $110 shipped...im ok with paying someone for a service to program something i know nothing about, but i really wanted to learn how to do it and honestly its really easy.
im running some add ons in Kodi and my new fave app outside of kodi to watch shows is showbox.

Caststreams if you like hockey.

type top 5 or top 10 Kodi addons in Youtube
look at the different links on the side also

so primewire aka 1 channel is down...they are routing every link to say to go to their website.

on to Exodus and someone else is recommending project free tv add on

Back
Top Bottom