TTC bus takes out e-bike | GTAMotorcycle.com

TTC bus takes out e-bike

psycho44

Site Supporter
I know this is not a motorcycle but if it's inappropriate than I'll take it down.

[video=youtube;gEkB7ZWbeKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEkB7ZWbeKA[/video]

It's a pity that the e-bike rider was blind and didn't see the bus signalling its lane change, but the good thing is that the bus did do the e-bike a favour by bumping it off where there was a driveway curb cut.

I see 3 idiots

The video was already posted in the "bad drivers of Toronto" dashcam thread. ;)

E-bike kepi going even though bus signalled
Bus took him off the road and I think didn't stop to check if rider wasn't hurt
Car driver I think didn't stop to check if rider wasn't hurt

Everyone to blame here :)

Yes it was a female rider that was interviewed. She said she saw bus coming but "hoped" it would see her. She then stated she decided to try to take the curb cut to ride on the sidewalk but didn't get it right and it was here who crashed the bike into the pole. The TTC driver did in fact stop and check on her condition.

No charges were laid as it was single vehicle collision. Had the bus made contact then there is an argument for unsafe lane change, but the rider made the decision to leave the road and crash.

Shouldn't really make fun. It's a bad thing and could have been particularly ugly had circumstances or timing been just slightly different.

It does reinforce for me my belief that e-bikes can be, in some situations, more dangerous than motorcycles and this is exacerbated by the fact that their riders very often lack any sort of skill or situational awareness (likely having had zero formal training whatsoever before going out and playing in traffic.)

She said she saw bus coming but "hoped" it would see her. She then stated she decided to try to take the curb cut to ride on the sidewalk but didn't get it right and it was here who crashed the bike into the pole.

This is why I am sad/in fear for the survival of the human race...

While I don't like to see anyone get hurt, its obvious that the e-bike rider does not have any sense of riding defensively, which I feel is the most important thing you need out there. Don't argue with steel because you'll loose every time, even of you're right.

No training, no license, no insurance, no situational awareness. Probably no headlight on (most e-bikes don't have the headlight on all the time). "Hoping" that someone else sees you is a pretty poor thing to rely on.

In Hamilton they like to turn all the lights off while heading up the escarpment access' to keep the battery from dying

didn't anyone notice that she was really at fault, lane splitting with the parked car? Bicycles/e-bikes want to be recognized as full vehicles but yet don't want to follow the same rules as full vehicles....

didn't anyone notice that she was really at fault, lane splitting with the parked car? Bicycles/e-bikes want to be recognized as full vehicles but yet don't want to follow the same rules as full vehicles....

Well, that also applies to more than a few motorcycle riders too...

No training, no license, no insurance, no situational awareness. Probably no headlight on (most e-bikes don't have the headlight on all the time). "Hoping" that someone else sees you is a pretty poor thing to rely on.

same logic as "loud pipes save lives"

I think e-bikes are treated legally same as a bicycle. Can't be charged H.T.A, can wear bicycle helmet so they ride just like a bicycle hugging the curb. yeah stupid I know considering the width of the e-bike and similarity to a scooter.

She doesn't think she did anything wrong.

"Carly Holmstrom3 hours agohow would I be at fault when I was ridding in the right lane from when I pulled onto queen street at River... yes cars can not go around cars being in the same lane... but drivers are required to check their mirrors and signal before coming over. I honked my horn he just didn't see me."

Back
Top Bottom