TTC bus takes out e-bike | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TTC bus takes out e-bike

Just because something is "legal" doesn't mean it is a good thing to be doing. She's got the wrong attitude to be a survivor.

She doesn't think she did anything wrong.

"Carly Holmstrom3 hours agohow would I be at fault when I was ridding in the right lane from when I pulled onto queen street at River... yes cars can not go around cars being in the same lane... but drivers are required to check their mirrors and signal before coming over. I honked my horn he just didn't see me."

And further she claims "I'm also lucky I have fast reflects" - um ... yeah ...

didn't anyone notice that she was really at fault, lane splitting with the parked car? Bicycles/e-bikes want to be recognized as full vehicles but yet don't want to follow the same rules as full vehicles....

It's legal to lane split with a PARKED car.

I think e-bikes are treated legally same as a bicycle. Can't be charged H.T.A, can wear bicycle helmet so they ride just like a bicycle hugging the curb. yeah stupid I know considering the width of the e-bike and similarity to a scooter.

MOSTLY treated the same as a bicycle; other than technical specs of the e-bike the only real difference from bike to e-bike is that the rider of an e-bike HAS to wear some form of helmet whereas a bicycle rider 16 or over doesn't have to wear one.

Both bicycles and e-bikes are subject to the HTA.

The root problem is that Aunty Kathy is so pro E-everything that having an E-anything makes you supposedly perfect in all situations.

What if there were people on the sidewalk?
Why did she get into a game of chicken with something a thousand times her size?
E-bikes are totally misunderstood. Can you even get insurance for them?
What will the rates be if you don't have a license?

... and that is why, in the other current thread, I think the e-bike class should be merged into the existing low-speed motorcycle class. That it's electric doesn't help someone know how to ride properly.

... And that is why, in the other current thread, i think the e-bike class should be merged into the existing low-speed motorcycle class. That it's electric doesn't help someone know how to ride properly.

this!

No training, no license, no insurance, no situational awareness. Probably no headlight on (most e-bikes don't have the headlight on all the time). "Hoping" that someone else sees you is a pretty poor thing to rely on.
Like the clowns that don't turn on their full headlights when it's foggy or adverse conditions. People rely too much on farkles for driving.
I know this is not a motorcycle but if it's inappropriate than I'll take it down.

[video=youtube;gEkB7ZWbeKA]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEkB7ZWbeKA[/video]

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

The bus was signalling and already making a lane change when she tried to squeeze in thinking that hopes and dreams beat the laws of physics. I know the drunks and/or hipsters will raise a racket, but it's about time to introduce licensing for these contraptions.

Filtering in the same lane as parked cars is ok, but make sure to do it slowly and carefully or you're likely to win a door prize.

I hate these stupid e-bikes with a passion.But then these came along.A good friend is importing them.Rich hipsters will go nuts for em.http://www.italjetcanada.ca/
Italjet_zps5lglb6sf.png

Way too expensive to chain to a post. Rich hipsters are all about their DIY $50 fixies.

now that is what an e-bike should look like! Not the ones that mimic scooter's looks.

I've been on a couple rides in Toronto lately since being away from Toronto last 5 years. Notice getting past a lot by motorbikes and e-bikes filtering through. Is that the norm now? To squeeze by whatever space is available even going through construction sites.

I hate these stupid e-bikes with a passion.But then these came along.A good friend is importing them.Rich hipsters will go nuts for em.http://www.italjetcanada.ca/
Italjet_zps5lglb6sf.png

now that is what an e-bike should look like! Not the ones that mimic scooter's looks.

I've been on a couple rides in Toronto lately since being away from Toronto last 5 years. Notice getting past a lot by motorbikes and e-bikes filtering through. Is that the norm now? To squeeze by whatever space is available even going through construction sites.

yep. somehow they they they're special.

Back
Top Bottom