Day Trips / Random Meet Ups | GTAMotorcycle.com

Day Trips / Random Meet Ups

oxymoron29

Noobie, younger rider here with a KTM, blue plated set up for dual sport. Just got an OFTR membership and am planning to ride Simcoe Forest this year (either trailering up or possibly riding up) as well as random evening / weekend street rides around town and maybe the Ganny once or twice. I see a lot of threads here for multi-day long distance trips which I am not interested in doing, nor do I have the proper bike for. I mostly enjoy riding alone but am looking to meet some younger people (sub 35), newer riders or groups that have supermotos / dual sports / street legal motocross bikes that are interested in random short rides / meet ups / day trips that just want to have some fun. Anyone in the GTA?

Last edited:
I'm in Brampton looking for a similar riding buddy, I got a drz400sm and a set of off-road wheels. You doing the Bethany ride?

I ride in Simcoe forest and ganny, mostly single track on my 250f. Send me a pm if you want to go riding.

I'm in Brampton looking for a similar riding buddy, I got a drz400sm and a set of off-road wheels. You doing the Bethany ride?

Nice, I am in south Brampton as well. I'll probably pass on the Bethany ride, not sure I am ready to do a 200km offroad trip at the beginning of my first season. Sounds fun though! Know of any local trails / pits to mess around in?

I ride in Simcoe forest and ganny, mostly single track on my 250f. Send me a pm if you want to go riding.

Cool, what trails do you ride in Simcoe and which do you like the most? I wanted to start off in the more southern tracts like Baxter, Lawden, Brentwood, Hogsback and surrounding ones. They any good? And when do they open?

I just joined the whatSapp group they have a thread on here about it they do an Orangeville ride and some other local stuff I'll send you a message when they are doing local stuff or you could just join the group, I'm pretty new to off roading toof the bethany ride will be my first real off road trip they have a big bike rout that I think I will be on considering my experience

I don't meet your age criteria :)

Call him Papa Alon... Grandpa Bob is over on ODSC.

I just joined the whatSapp group they have a thread on here about it they do an Orangeville ride and some other local stuff I'll send you a message when they are doing local stuff or you could just join the group, I'm pretty new to off roading toof the bethany ride will be my first real off road trip they have a big bike rout that I think I will be on considering my experience
That Whatsapp group is not for anyone "looking to meet younger people (sub 35)", you won't find many there.

That Whatsapp group is not for anyone "looking to meet younger people (sub 35)", you won't find many there.
Yeah,but age doesn't account for maturity. If you allow for that, we're all 12 over there.
Alon's Easter photo surprise for example...

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Haha I thought mentioning sub-35 would open a lot more doors as I'm quite a bit younger than that, guess not. Wasn't trying to discriminate just wanted to associate with people of similar maturity level / interests. Passed by a big group of bikes with multiple SM's meeting up at Mclaughlin / Bovaird late last year popping some wheelies on the way in with go pros and all that, guessing they are not on this site.

We don't care how old or young you are, it's all the same and we are all interested in the same thing. There's a thread we've got going here that mentions the whatsapp group and we have two threads: one strictly for posting rides (ad hoc either during the week or weekend rides, day rides, longer multi day rides, etc) and the other one covers just about everything else - bikes, bike gear and parts, etc...if you're a whatsapp user and you're interested in joining the threads, shoot me a note with your name at 426-930-7405 and I'll add you to the threads.

And riding down the road as a group all doing wheelies is illegal - just sayin' :)

Back
Top Bottom