TD Insurance | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TD Insurance

Most were around that. However, I did find a lower quote of slightly less than $1100 for the Panigale but my wife's 300 (novice) came in the mid $1400 range which is about twice that of TD. I didn't change since I'm a long term TD home and auto client. Notwithstanding, at renewal (Feb 2017) I may separate my bike's insurer from my wife's if the numbers are significantly better.

Are you saying that $1400 is an okay rate and I would not be able to get a better rate anywhere?

Most were around that. However, I did find a lower quote of slightly less than $1100 for the Panigale but my wife's 300 (novice) came in the mid $1400 range which is about twice that of TD. I didn't change since I'm a long term TD home and auto client. Notwithstanding, at renewal (Feb 2017) I may separate my bike's insurer from my wife's if the numbers are significantly better.

Give Erin Huczek at Dalton Timmis in Burlington a call at 1-888-385-8466 Direct: 905-335-7449

Also in Ottawa. Just got a renewal from State farm for my '07 CBR600RR. Premium went from $770 to $1400. Need to look for a new provider. Can anyone suggest a good provider for a super-sport bike? I'm a 34year old male with M2(3 years experience).

I was in your shoes.
I got some amazing deals cheaper than what I used to pay SF before the rate hike.
Allstate - decent deal
Cornerstone brokers - ask for Satinder Singh - helpful guy...I got the best quote from here for bike and car from Wawanesa
I got $2 million coverage for cheaper than I paid with SF for $1m.
Surnet brokers - Paul South, good rate here also from Aviva

For anyone that was insured with TD Meloche Monnex -- TD shifted a lot of us to TD General.

This happened to me.

I did a quote on their website, and got a substantially lower number. So I called. Re-did quote over the phone and the fixed my rates back to what I was paying.
When I signed on with TDMM, they asked how many consecutive years I was with my CURRENT insurance (Not total years insured) which for me, was 2.

So when I got shifted, TD General assumed 2 years and quoted on it.

When I corrected with 6 years total insurance, my rates dropped substantially again.

TL;DR - Redo Quote on TD site, then call.

Wife went with TD yesterday. Suzuki Bandit 600s $597/year. She was paying $800ish on a 1996 ninja 250r with state farm.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Last week, added a 2006 Virago 250 for my wife, and then later in the week, switched from my 1980 honda to a 2008 Suzuki Marauder 250.

Both bikes, TD quote was comparable to other prices. Both times, received my documents by email before the phone call ended. No mention of any form to fill out.
I did get jerked around a bit, for the Virago, as they wanted to place my 21 year old daughter as the primary on the bike, instead of my wife. After some hold time, and a discussion with a manager they stayed with the original quoted price. I think they are fishing for my house and auto insurance, which is currently with Peel Mutual, and has been since I started driving, and purchased my first home. Motorcycle would probably be with Peel Mutual also, but they got out of the motorcycle market, while I was without a bike for a few years, long ago.

Having said that. I've had my M for decades, and have been with TD (originally Primmum) for more than a decade. I haven't had a vehicle insurance claim in maybe 15 years, nor are there any infractions on any driver records in the household.

I'm wondering how many people's mind went off topic when @havefun mentioned his 21 year old daughter? ??

Does she have a bike license? If not, I don't get why they would suggest it. If she does, then I'm surprised you got them not to make her primary on one.

Sent from my custom purple Joe Bass mobile device using Tapatalk

Daughter has decided that she wants to become a police officer. She thought that having her M license would be a good thing, to have on the CV. Not to mention that she has been riding on the back, since she could reach the pegs, so its something she enjoys anyway.

Wifey has always talked about learning to ride, and stop being a passenger, but never made it a priority. Anyway, daughter brings it up, wife says, "OK, lets do it together".

Next thing I know, they have written their M1, and are signed up for training course that starts next week, and I've been informed that my bike is too tall for their short legs. Reason for the 2 baby cruisers.

So, yes, daughter has her M1, soon to be M2.

Off topic. 21 years old, and zero tolerance for bullsheet. I don't have to worry about scaring off the potential suitors. She does it for me! :laughing1:

I just switched back to state Farm from TD. TD gsxr 600 $711, klx250 $495. State Farm gsxr 600 $825, klx250 $238. However my car and truck switch saved $1000. So it appears to be that everyone has to call around because no two people seem to get the same quote.

I just switched back to state Farm from TD. TD gsxr 600 $711, klx250 $495. State Farm gsxr 600 $825, klx250 $238. However my car and truck switch saved $1000. So it appears to be that everyone has to call around because no two people seem to get the same quote.

+1 on that.

I was calling around and ended up moving my car, bike and home to TD MM as they gave me a really good rate: Bike:(TD $880, SF $1400), Auto: both close, Home: SF double what TD offered. O also called All Sate and Auto alone was quoted $1000 than Home, Ato, Moto at TD or SF. I think they were pressing the wrong keys there. So, yeah I guess the quotes will vary from person to person.

Back
Top Bottom