Aviva? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Aviva?

tahak

Hey everyone,

Looking to get my insurance for the first time and the lowest quote i got was from Aviva, just wondering what your experience has been with the insurance provider, anyone make claims, customer service, any issues?

I found some bad review but everyone on the forum is always recommending them so looking for some first hand experience.

I have used Aviva for many policies over the last decade... Still the best customer service of any insurer I have used to date.

Aviva has been around since insurance been around, they are on the top 5 largest companies in Canada and world wide.
They are able to insure pretty much anything from commercial operations to personal lines.

Also just signed with them for my fz6r for $640 /yr + $20 for 10 monthly payment. Also will transfer the cars on April and will save $600 for 2 cars. This is thru Dalton Timmis.

Do they do supersport bikes?

Yes, SS over 600CC you need a minimum 4 years licensed and RTC
Under 600CC, all you need is a M2 with RTC

I am also with Aviva since I told SF bye bye 4 months ago - Haven't had to deal with them yet.

Funny I have never heard of them until then, Great price even compared to SF prices prior to then going bananas (I cancelled even before getting a renewal)

I will subscribe to this thread as I have read some real bad reviews online and also heard the prices go substantially up after the first year

:confused:

I've made a claim for me getting rear ended at a pedestrian cross walk. The cbr250 didn't take much damage, the car that hit me lost a bumper....
It was early fall, so I notified them about how it isn't in bad shape and very much still ridable, I didn't need any physio or anything also. They accomadated pretty nicely. All in all they were pretty great. After a year, I went to Desjardins cuz of cheaper rates, now I'm coming back to Aviva with a different bike and a better rate than Desjardins gave.

I'm either going to move to Aviva or Allstate. SF lost my business since they jacked up SS bike insurance pricing, they're nuts.

Yes, SS over 600CC you need a minimum 4 years licensed and RTC
Under 600CC, all you need is a M2 with RTC

Excuse my ignorance but what is RTC?

Rangers of Toronto City? Ridiculous Tuneup Centre? Rambunctious Tiny Canadian? Riding in Total Control?

I've had Aviva for cars / boats/ bikes for years, its my brokers favorite it seems. Had two car accidents, not our fault, claim was handled very well to my satisfaction. Never had a bike claim , knock wood......

When I made the switch I too wounder about if a claim had to be made. Did a short search online and decided that it's like bike mfg, some will like a certain brand and another will hate it.

I just switched my cars and condo to Aviva (from SF) and couldn't be happier with the new cost. My broker is really good and got me a fantastic deal for the bike with Wawanesa.

I also just switched over to Aviva via Paul South. Great rates and Paul was very easy to deal with. I was able to increase coverage on a bunch of different items and still pay less than my basic coverage renewal with Intact.

Back
Top Bottom