difference between 300 and 600cc | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

difference between 300 and 600cc

My ninja 250r was 2 grand a year, my fz6 (600cc sport tourer) is $2800 a year, I got a quote from my insurance company for $3000 a year for the vstar 650.

I'd suggest calling around some more unless there's some underlying reason (tickets? Age?) for those rates. The Vstar 650 price in particular is off the wall IMHO - I'm paying under ~$700/year for my VTX1300.

I wouldn't pay attention to online quotes, they are pretty inaccurate. When it comes to shopping around, I agree with Private Pilot some people just don't care and would give you a rate and hope you can pay it for the commission. As an agent I would say that steering clear of SS's is a good idea because they are harder to insure for new riders as they don't have the insurance history. A cruiser would be better, as you can probably do it stand alone but may have to pay a stand alone fee, and to waive the fee you would need to bring something over. As far CC's go, I know that Allstate doesn't rate based on that, we rate based on the price of the bike and the rider, other people insurers not sure. Get the a cruiser, something old and something that you don't mind dropping and just put liability on it no comp or collision, that way you can save yourself from paying over 2 grand in premiums, assuming you are a G2 rider. Oh.. And I know people say that you should start on a 250 (Ex - CBR250), but for example we still rate that as a sport bike. When you get the experience and an M go for the sport bike, it'll sdave you money doing it that way.

If you have any questions, feel free to email and I'll be glad to answer them.
vnarace@allstate.ca or 519-471-1900 Ext 5011.

hey vinnie so apparently all state doesnt do standalone and doesnt insure M2 riders...

Back
Top Bottom