2016 Demo ride days? | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

2016 Demo ride days?

What if you don't have either?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I assume they wouldn't let you take a bike out. They want a credit card before going out as well.
There was a rider that grabbed too much throttle on a Diavel X launching it into an unintentional 12 o'clock wheelie and putting it into the ditch on the test ride Saturday afternoon. The had to trailer the bike back to Peninsula and then brought the rider (who was scuffed up a bit but not seriously hurt) into the office to discuss payment. The bike was damaged considerably if not a write off.

Your auto insurance (car or bike) would be the first payout method for any injuries you may get on the test ride. May be a requirement of the dealer's insurance (or the mfr/demo insurance arrangement) to ensure participants are covered under their own policies for that purpose.

Anyone heard of when different dealers are holding their 2016 demo days yet?

After my last thread I got some pretty decent quotes and I feel like I'm ready to start seriously looking.

If you have never been to a demo day before, make sure you get there an hr before the listed start time. Usually the way they work is you show up, sign out a bike for a specific time slot, then wait for that time slot to go on your ride.

These events are usually packed.

If you show up late, your not likely going to get the bike you want to ride (especially if it's a sport bike). That or you will be waiting 4 hours for a later time slot.

I am usually fine because I have a weird taste in bikes. I own a diavel, and I tend to go for muscle cruiser styled bikes these days like the Honda valkyrie or triumph rocket 3. They aren't nearly as popular as sport bikes.

I assume they wouldn't let you take a bike out. They want a credit card before going out as well.
There was a rider that grabbed too much throttle on a Diavel X launching it into an unintentional 12 o'clock wheelie and putting it into the ditch on the test ride Saturday afternoon. The had to trailer the bike back to Peninsula and then brought the rider (who was scuffed up a bit but not seriously hurt) into the office to discuss payment. The bike was damaged considerably if not a write off.

As a diavel owner myself this makes me sad :(

Lol, you will be a week early.

Concord ONMay 14, 2016Vos Motors8161 Keele Street, Unit 3L4K 1Z3
The date listed on the Suzuki website hasnt been updated

VOS is 7th
St. Onge is 14th

Does anyone know how the demos are at VOS?

It just seems like such a congested area

I went to Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda demo the past few days, all of them have ALMOST the full line up, including R1S and other bikes not advertised. Very good experience I must say! Remember to go during LUNCH time, all dealerships serve free lunch... pizza, bbq, burgers etc... With the exception of GP Bikes, they give you banana and energy bars during KTM demo, not good. But others have been excellent!! This concludes my demo days riding for life, cuz I just can't ride anymore. I was a professional test riders for the past few years, will admit. I've probably been to more test rides than anyone else.

I'm quitting so here are few tips to my success:
1) Always try to call dealerships to book even if the manufacturer says you can't.
2) Go early and avoid going to dealerships in busy areas, you won't enjoy.
3) Always try to ride in the front of the pack, for maximum speed.
4) Don't stress yourself having to social with other test riders.
5) Ride HARD, or at least be prepared to so you're not impeding like a woman.

I went to Yamaha, Suzuki and Honda demo the past few days, all of them have ALMOST the full line up, including R1S and other bikes not advertised. Very good experience I must say! Remember to go during LUNCH time, all dealerships serve free lunch... pizza, bbq, burgers etc... With the exception of GP Bikes, they give you banana and energy bars during KTM demo, not good. But others have been excellent!! This concludes my demo days riding for life, cuz I just can't ride anymore. I was a professional test riders for the past few years, will admit. I've probably been to more test rides than anyone else.

I'm quitting so here are few tips to my success:
1) Always try to call dealerships to book even if the manufacturer says you can't.
2) Go early and avoid going to dealerships in busy areas, you won't enjoy.
3) Always try to ride in the front of the pack, for maximum speed.
4) Don't stress yourself having to social with other test riders.
5) Ride HARD, or at least be prepared to so you're not impeding like a woman.

Stellar advice.
10/10

:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom