Are Suzuki GSX-R's becoming Rare? | GTAMotorcycle.com

Are Suzuki GSX-R's becoming Rare?

-Maverick-

Lately I've been noticing the market flooded by all the other brands since Suzuki was taken out in 2009 by the tsunami in Japan. It got me thinking, could the once most popular supersport in the world now be one of the rarest? I just don't see packs of them anymore. It's rare to see one in a pack.

I don't think 'rare' means what you think it means?

Could just be with more equal pricing and financing options, and varying tastes, people can choose other brands?
Remember when Aprilia's and Ducati's were out of reach? Now 848's are everywhere.

My gixxer is rare to me. One of a kind!

Actually GSXR's wen't from the most popular to the least in a matter of 5 years an here's why. When something/anything becomes the most popular it's only a matter of time before a group is created to "hate on it" and it becomes the cool thing to do. Stereotypes like all GSXR riders are squids and don't know what they are doing have turned alot of people away from them. From 2001 to 2007 Suzuki probably was the strongest all-round SS in all categories 600,750,1000,Busa and as a result they gained a large amount of customers.

The R6 is on the verge of this imo. All kids talk about these days is wanting an R6. You ask them why and they will tell you because people say it's the most "track focused" bike, meanwhile they have bicycle level experience.

Suzuki is suffering the same way a superstar singer suffers when they get too popular. It's just human nature to want to rebel against the current.

I can't blame anyone for wanting a Gixxer. It's just gonna take awhile to lose the bad rep with riders of other bikes.

So...basically @rockerguy got a gixxer and now nobody else does.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Lol

so...basically @rockerguy got a gixxer and now nobody else does.

Sent from a samsung galaxy far, far away using tapatalk

This gotta be biggest squid ever. Everytime I see him ride I just yell squid. No sane man will ever ride like him
aatyco1.jpg

Last edited:
Original GSXR's were exotic yet hard in an everyman way. If you rode a GSXR you were a serious rider. You knew what you wanted, how to get it and what to do with it. Even sidewalk commandos could tell something was up. And then some "Gixxer" dude should up wearing flip flops. It's been all down hill ever since.

I don't think 'rare' means what you think it means?

Could just be with more equal pricing and financing options, and varying tastes, people can choose other brands?
Remember when Aprilia's and Ducati's were out of reach? Now 848's are everywhere.
People are just willing to take on more debt now

People are just willing to take on more debt now

Well basically anyone who has bought a house in the last 10 years in the GTA is already in debt up to their eyeballs so whats another 15k gonna do?

Well basically anyone who has bought a house in the last 10 years in the GTA is already in debt up to their eyeballs so whats another 15k gonna do?

Well from what i’ve seen it’s not really the kind of people who own homes buying those ducs it’s 20 year olds who live with their parents. Same demographic as those young bimmer and audi drivers who need the “best and flashiest” thing. You’ve been riding for a year and upgraded to a duc? Don’t you want something cheap to beat up while you’re still learning and dropping things? ah well not my money!

Last edited:
Are Gixxers those blue and white bikes that have special shoulder privileges on the Gardiner? Love seeing those things whizz by.

Well from what i’ve seen it’s not really the kind of people who own homes buying those ducs it’s 20 year olds who live with their parents. Same demographic as those young bimmer and audi drivers who need the “best and flashiest” thing. You’ve been riding for a year and upgraded to a duc? Don’t you want something cheap to beat up while you’re still learning and dropping things? ah well not my money!
Not sure I agree with that. Every single Ducati owner I know is 35 plus. Not that I'm an Angus-Reid poll or anything either.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

Not sure I agree with that. Every single Ducati owner I know is 35 plus. Not that I'm an Angus-Reid poll or anything either.

Hell, you're not even a mimico poll

And just imagine..... most of those folks homes have doubled in value in those ten years

And just imagine..... most of those folks homes have doubled in value in those ten years

If there were a way to liquify the home equity and maintain ownership you could have your cake and eat it too. This is what I want to do as I am presently suffering thru a severe dearth of high end motorbikes.

Hell, you're not even a mimico poll

Lol. You get your bike out yet?

Lol. You get your bike out yet?

No ?

A house is an investment and almost always an appreciating asset at that.

Toys are almost always depreciating assets. Buying toys new just exacerbates it as the immediate depreciation hit you take the second you roll it off the dealer's lot is typically fairly epic.

A house is good debt. Cars and particularly toys are bad debt which should only be part of your life if you can afford them comfortably and without extending your debt level into uncomfortable territory, or better yet, pay cash and don't go into debt for them whatsoever.

The "what's another 15K" attitude is why a lot of people are struggling under so much debt that they are living paycheque to paycheque. These are often the same people you see on FB complaining about how they can't afford things, are barely paying their bills, but when you look on their FB profile....fancy shiny SUV's with lots of shiny baubles on them, snowmobiles, boats, motorcycles, vacations....

Back
Top Bottom