Bethany 2016 Roll Call | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bethany 2016 Roll Call

Re: Bethany 2016 Roll Call - Sunday April 17

Is it a good idea to bring cash or is debit enough ?

Last edited:

I'll be riding there from Brampton. We're you thinking of getting there with a trailer or riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm gonna ride up, I think my drz will make it. Let's hook up, I should tell you this will be my first dual sport ride

Is it a good idea to bring cash or is debit enough ?
Bring cash, they don't have debit at registration. I always bring a little extra cash, we have run into fuel stops that are cash only as well, and once I had to buy a tube for my rear tire trailside from another rider. Cash is king lol.

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

...so was someone saying it is supposed to be a comparatively dry ride this year? After the last 2 days I'm re-thinking the plan to try to run the 1/2 worn MotoZ in 2 weeks. Hate to waste a good chunk of tire, but this deluge isn't going to drain out, esp if the ground re-freezes with the upcoming temp drops...

...so was someone saying it is supposed to be a comparatively dry ride this year? After the last 2 days I'm re-thinking the plan to try to run the 1/2 worn MotoZ in 2 weeks. Hate to waste a good chunk of tire, but this deluge isn't going to drain out, esp if the ground re-freezes with the upcoming temp drops...

Comparatively dry ride this year? I'll believe it when I see it - rode so,e of the tracks there from last year's ride two weeks ago on a 12 degree day and the trail conditions were terrible unless ice and deeply rutted mud is what you like. Despite the less than normal snowfall this past winter, I'm not holding my breath for anything dry this time.

Considering what's happening this week, you can count on shady conditions.
I intended to go one time to see what the hype is all about, even though I am not a huge fan of these organized events, however I'll probably skip this one.

Worst time of the year! Can't snowboard any more, can't ride the bike yet. All I can do is get fat at home, eating chips and Mars bars.

Now THIS is the kind of weather I love to see leading up to a Dual Sport ride!!

bethany_weather.jpg

This year may go against the saying "It's not the Bethany without a little rain!"

This is list of people from our Whatsapp group that will be at Bethany.

ODSC Bethany Ride

Aggressive Route
Michelle TE250
Steve TE250 2smoke
Rob KLX250S
Jeff KLX250S
Huw WR250R
Alex WR250R
Steve CRF250L
Dave 350 EXC
Nelson DRZ400
Nam 530 EXC
Alon 530 EXC
Torsten 530 EXC
Dave 530 EXC
Amir 570
Matt 630 Husky
Ward DR650
Chris 690R
Emrah 690R
Paul F 950SE

Big bike route
Wonger KLR650
Jeremy Versys 650
Laurent NC750X
Chase 1190R

I'm probably picking up my bike this weekend or early next week. I'm don't think I'm going to be ready for the Bethany Mud Bath!

Enjoy all!

ward

There is a group of us that ride to the Bethany start up point every year. We meet at the tim hortons at Morningside and Sheppard roughly 730am. (be a bit earlier if you want to have breakfast). Kickstands up at 8 sharp. we noodle through some back roads and maybe a few trails to arrive between 9 and 930. Anyone is welcome to join.

I'm riding down from the Barrie area, anyone else?

Sent from my Le Pan TC802A using Tapatalk

There is a group of us that ride to the Bethany start up point every year. We meet at the tim hortons at Morningside and Sheppard roughly 730am. (be a bit earlier if you want to have breakfast). Kickstands up at 8 sharp. we noodle through some back roads and maybe a few trails to arrive between 9 and 930. Anyone is welcome to join.

Sounds tempting but I'll probably just use my bike hitch so I can drive back home half a sleep and all banged up from the day :)

Dual sport means drive to the trail, ride the trails, drive home :)

See you all tomorrow!!

bike hitch?!? trailer ?!? drive?!?
those are BLASPHEMOUS words not allowed on this thread
:angryfire::angryfire::angryfire:

Comparatively dry ride this year? I'll believe it when I see it

The organizers just posted that it isn't quite as dry as 3 years ago (the SUPER dry year) but close... apparently there is still some muddy places but overall drier than most years.

Back
Top Bottom