Bethany 2016 Roll Call | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bethany 2016 Roll Call

Re: Bethany 2016 Roll Call - Sunday April 17

Thanks for the invite, but I prefer forums - they are more up my alley ;) But if there's any way you can view the pics from your ride without being a WhatsApp user please post the link, would love to see what the trails look like this time of year!
Some of the Bethany area looks like this last weekend.

09b84e13720e3e546db7f8972f68fb81.jpg

I'm definitely going, anyone else in Brampton wanna buddy up for the day?

rode some sections of the bethany last friday....mud but overall the driest i have seen this early in the year because of lack of snowfall i think. week before was farting around with the grom. not sure if i will bring the wr or the grom to bethany

rode some sections of the bethany last friday....mud but overall the driest i have seen this early in the year because of lack of snowfall i think. week before was farting around with the grom. not sure if i will bring the wr or the grom to bethany

haha! Would love to see a Grom complete the Bethany, but I have a feeling you'd be much happier on your wr.

Too bad you didn't join Ride_Safe a few years ago (grom probably wasn't even available then) when he rode the Bethany on his cbr125 "dual sport".

yeah thats one of the only Bethanys I have missed but i have seen the videos. I like to think the grom is more of a challenge. heres north east of pickering

9CNRobR0sk8KsSt9yYvU-PMniXrIShO8teNPcWyiGNWgAaH5pPuz8HXjcnMMwb3BIGixHKDdMc5Q0eeijsjjEJPcAPsk6vkrtr7vITCXsgqglWuenzQMSxcqMkzUu4TwaX8AepY-ZbR2UpVvwEu1Do4D8gMSHf1_XBRQedpn-yuz11vU0qdP-8bQR35ka0dbux_knU45YRT5RU-icwmUPzT-z8yJ7RvC8DM6iiI_Qp6lQewx2Ypy_o7D5qJdo_B9CklEi7VGgkhiPhS3rvRlKzO6l0jpOpZsST4VCUcc08yB3sLfyhmEC-P3zxjhLkchMgD2y5BUIvvQeGodZZ2NWtkJomoEN5pI-gOcG_7nyWmBT2SsxBCoKfrlIGK0fs2RgHuJSn9eGslHuc2WsGZimA-YtRrj9BJAl_dWp34t8WCOgSrfATZAlm1X71txo1vWdKAFc6zGXCvYbCiyelRfNRMFz7kS-mU34h3WDXp576tnH46hRnGBU7svKL4Ww2vdGaDDzyiwCfojSqL6qhqyTx38mmv06cyXdjpik3w-vSOAXA8yqs2flzaPVQZvUAE=w1030-h773-no

I'm definitely going, anyone else in Brampton wanna buddy up for the day?

I'll be riding there from Brampton. We're you thinking of getting there with a trailer or riding?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Damn, too bad im out of the country that weekend or id come up on my 4 wheeler at the lunch stop and say hi...

Damn, too bad im out of the country that weekend or id come up on my 4 wheeler at the lunch stop and say hi...

hahahah, that would have been cool - what ATV do you ride? How are the cops about riding ATVs into Bethany? I heard they started cracking down on ATV riders from the Ganny coming to Bewdley for lunch, is that true do you know?

hahahah, that would have been cool - what ATV do you ride? How are the cops about riding ATVs into Bethany? I heard they started cracking down on ATV riders from the Ganny coming to Bewdley for lunch, is that true do you know?

I ride a 500 Cat. I know the cops will be targeting dirt bikes on the trail system this year and guys riding atvs prior to the trials opening up.
Alot of people ride ATV's around bethany with zero issues, as long as you have your paperwork. With the trails here and ski hill road a big attraction for bikers and car enthusiasts, there is a strong police presence there.

Havent heard much about the ganny to bewdley thing but the ganny is patrolled by ganny trail wardens and police. Same as the rail trail is patrolled by katva trail wardens, local bylaw and police.

Yah, it's in-town I'm talking about. A lot of the bylaws allow ATVs on the shoulder of roads, but from what I've heard towns have different rules sometimes. The guys on ATVs I ride with are all perfectly legal and would have no issues in the Ganny, but once they get into town apparently the rules change.

Yah, it's in-town I'm talking about. A lot of the bylaws allow ATVs on the shoulder of roads, but from what I've heard towns have different rules sometimes. The guys on ATVs I ride with are all perfectly legal and would have no issues in the Ganny, but once they get into town apparently the rules change.

Just depends on town and what your doing .. if you are screwing around than youll be a heat score.

I just found out that you need a pass to ride in the ganny with your atvs, as i was just talking to a trail warden recently about it.
Its a shame too since im that close to it, but even closer to the KATVA trail system.. dont want to fork out all that cash on 2 different types of trail permits.

How would a KTM 690 make out on this ride? Should I do the big bike or small bike route? Great bike, just a big of a pig sometimes in the really tight stuff.

If you have knobbies you should be fine. I've done it on a DR and that's heavier

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

How would a KTM 690 make out on this ride? Should I do the big bike or small bike route? Great bike, just a big of a pig sometimes in the really tight stuff.

All depends on the conditions of the trails at the time - in previous years I'd say there would be no way you would comfortably have done the small bike route on a 690, but this year my bet is you'd do fine. There have been some DEEP mud holes in the past that would have certainly been a challenge on a 690... I rode with a buddy on an xr650r a couple years back and my back is still aching from pulling him out several times :p

Wow, that looks like an exercise in frustration and trail destruction. haha...

In...

Back
Top Bottom