Heading south to the US this weekend...thnk twice | GTAMotorcycle.com

Heading south to the US this weekend...thnk twice

MacDoc

Site Supporter
72-hour-rainfall-totals-noaa-ncep.gif

Foot of Rain or More over Mississippi River Valley in the Next Three Days

Rain that is expected to be extraordinarily intense and long lasting. Reports from the Weather Channel indicated the risk for rainfall rates in the range of 3 inches an hour in some of the heaviest storm cells. Meanwhile, model runs earlier today indicated a potential for as much as 20 Inches of rain for some regions over the next 72 hours. Official NOAA models are now indicating nearly a foot in peak rainfall regions in Eastern Texas and Western Louisiana with the potential for greater than five inches along a broad swath running from the Gulf Coast through to Illinois.

72 Hour rainfall totals NOAA NCEP

(NOAA predicts very extreme rainfall totals over a broad region of the Mississippi River Valley during the next three days. Image source: NOAA’s Weather Prediction Center.)

According to NBC news reports, more than 15 million Americans are falling under risk of flooding from this very severe weather system. One that has been compared with the South Carolina floods of 2015 due to its potential to produce severe rains. But one that is also much wider in coverage — capable of impacts over a far broader region.

we won't get the worst of it ....but mostly likely would not be much fun riding down towards it.

Hopefully we get enough to wash away the last of the snowbanks and some of the grit from the roads.

Whenever the weather looks phallic, I tend to avoid it, and the last inch of ice is still melting on my street, but thanks for the warning.

I will be putting around to get back into the "everyone will kill me" mode and to iron out any kinks from winter.

Back
Top Bottom