TMP 2016 Track Day dates | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

TMP 2016 Track Day dates

Would love to try 'bogie but have to admit the 5.5hr drive puts me off a bit although the Pro 6 days are on my track day calendar that I have put together, maybe I will make it out there this year & take 'er indoors & my little boy with me to make a weekend of it so they don't feel like I'm leaving them at home on their own every summer weekend lol

Fixed that for ya.

Dont forget the top notch facilities.

Personal preference, Mosport is fun and fast. Shannonville is...... A great track to shake the bike apart... GB is fun but small, TMP is a ....track. But a good track for testing changes.
Bogie is in the best condition with the nicest facilities. IMO.

Sent from my imaginary friend

I'd take Mosport all day over any other track. Bogie is fun and in the best shape but still not Mosport. Shannonville isn't bad at all once you know the line(s). TMP is a waste of time.

+1 for Mosport

I'd take Mosport all day over any other track.

So, as someone who is newish to track riding (& only started riding again last year after many years of not even riding on the road), who is still pretty slow while trying to learn more & more at each outing & who spent most of last year at TMP with the odd outing at GBM would I enjoy Mosport?
I would love to try Mosport but worry I'd get in the way of the fast guys & be taking the wrong line etc etc.

So, as someone who is newish to track riding (& only started riding again last year after many years of not even riding on the road), who is still pretty slow while trying to learn more & more at each outing & who spent most of last year at TMP with the odd outing at GBM would I enjoy Mosport?
I would love to try Mosport but worry I'd get in the way of the fast guys & be taking the wrong line etc etc.

Mosport is really easy to learn, it just takes big chaones to go fast. If you signed up with a track day provider (Pro 6 is your only option, Riders Choice has the Friday and it's fast, faster, fasterest) they'll send you out with a control rider to show you the lines. It's very different from any other track as it's very fast, smooth, and flowing except 5a/b that breaks it up a bit. I would suggest giving it a try early in the week. If you don't enjoy it you're weird :)

Isn't that exactly what green group is for?

Just go. You'll like it.

Thanks guys, I work with a couple of VRRA racers & one of them knows Mosport really well, I'll see if he fancies a trip with me this year, I'll pay his TD fee or something, free day out for him lol

Thanks guys, I work with a couple of VRRA racers & one of them knows Mosport really well, I'll see if he fancies a trip with me this year, I'll pay his TD fee or something, free day out for him lol

What!! Pay for my day and I'll show you around lol.

not finding any sat sun td's at mosport..too bad. likewise for shannonville ..

anythin for sat sun td's at gbm?

edit: if you put together a satsun td schedule don't be shy about posting it. hint hint

Last edited:
edit: if you put together a satsun td schedule don't be shy about posting it. hint hint

I can do that, just don't know how to load a pdf as attachment to the forum......
There will be track days missing for sure but it gives me an idea & helps me plan the year ahead .

Sat,sun, at mosport (ctmp) end of may with docc , Fri is pro6. And I will show u around u don't need to pay for my day:)

Last edited:
Sat,sun, at mosport (ctmp) end of may with docc , Fri is pro6. And I will show u around u don't need to pay for my day:)
I will be there Friday with Pro6 - I should make a list of what I need to do on my bike and get to it.... eventually

not finding any sat sun td's at mosport..too bad. likewise for shannonville ..

anythin for sat sun td's at gbm?

SMP Lapping on Sunday May 22nd..the long weekend.

Ha ha, thanks, cant make the Pro 6 Friday but I'm trying to go to the Ducati club TD, I've heard good things about them.
If I do end up going I'll take you up on your offer.

SMP generally runs a decent day too.. and lunch is included in the entry fee, which is nice.

Shannonville is a great track to learn on. Mosport and bogie can catch a new person out and can end up being either painful or expensive...or both.

GB is nice for new riders too.

The only layout I don't like at shannonville is fabi. I find it boring. Nelson is my favorite, but I ride a little bike so tearing tires apart doesn't happen like on 600s or 1000s

Shannonville is a great track to learn on. Mosport and bogie can catch a new person out and can end up being either painful or expensive...or both.

GB is nice for new riders too.

The only layout I don't like at shannonville is fabi. I find it boring. Nelson is my favorite, but I ride a little bike so tearing tires apart doesn't happen like on 600s or 1000s

Smudger is not a noob. And mosport is safer now then it has ever been, imo.

Thanks Amazon, I've been e-mailing with Tammy @ Red Dawn about the May 26th one, really want to go on that as I've never done a Red Dawn day before but still waiting for work to give me the ok for that Thursday off, don't want to pay & then find out I'm in Detroit that day.
You'll love reddawn days :) No pressure about rushing to get your bike ready for your next session, just come on and off as you like. Track is open all day, doesn't stop for lunch, etc. Great for test and tune on your bike (suspension, ecu/pcv/bazzaz/etc.) and of course if you have an issue with your bike you don't waste the rest of your session and possibly miss your next one, just hop back on when it's fixed. Open sessions which I like because you get to practice passing slower people lots and have more of a chance of finding someone that is a hair faster than you :D. Great for going out with friends too because you can all get on and off at the same time.

No coolant (water only) but other than that, not much bike prep required other than tape up lights/mirrors/signals.

Back
Top Bottom