Can we get a RACE sticky? | Page 8 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Can we get a RACE sticky?

No conflicts with SOAR. Yay!

I'm planning to be semi-retired from work by then. I don't think I have the energy to do all of both series but we'll see.

Other awards presented at RACE 2018 Awards

CRCA Most Exciting Rider Award
Joshua Thomas

John McCaw Memorial Award
Top Teenage Rider
Matt Simpson

The Best Appearing Rider and Machine
Ivan Babic

The Maxime Mercier Gentlemen's Award
Sportsmanship and Competition
Stanley Moran

The True Grit Award
Matt Simpson

The John Nelson/Danny Rae Award
Tuning Achievement
Steve Evans

Top Points Amateur Rider
Matt Simpson

Top Points Pro Rider
Mike Raniowski

The "CRCA Most Exciting Rider Award", is that a GOOD thing?

or is that the award 'tards like me get for crashing a lot?

Every year it goes to close racing situations. Not because you know the marshalls in T2 really well from pickups. :)

A little late to the party butWOW, a lot of drama with RACE.....I wonder if this carries over to SOAR.:wink:

I still can't make my mind up about which org to run with.....doing both is not an option right now unfortunately.

A little late to the party butWOW, a lot of drama with RACE.....I wonder if this carries over to SOAR.:wink:

I still can't make my mind up about which org to run with.....doing both is not an option right now unfortunately.
Dont judge from this thread.

You'll never please all the ppl, all the time.

We started at RACE 3 yrs ago, couldn't ask for a better bunch of people. Made some very strong friendships

I'm sure SOAR is the similar, in that the majority are good people.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

if you're really looking for it there is drama everywhere.

i did 6 rounds over the past 2 seasons, 5 with SOAR and 1 with RACE, got a really warm welcome (shout out to 905) from the RACE guys back when they had the mentor program (not sure if still available) and was planing on going back to do a round or 2 this past year but could never make their schedule work with mine.
both organizations are good, and neither one is perfect, so location and schedule are the 2 deciding factors for me

More drama in this thread than a decade in the paddock.

As with anything in life, varying people.

Appreciate the feedback guys.

if you're really looking for it there is drama everywhere.

i did 6 rounds over the past 2 seasons, 5 with SOAR and 1 with RACE, got a really warm welcome (shout out to 905) from the RACE guys back when they had the mentor program (not sure if still available) and was planing on going back to do a round or 2 this past year but could never make their schedule work with mine.
both organizations are good, and neither one is perfect, so location and schedule are the 2 deciding factors for me

Either org running a mentor program now?

Appreciate the feedback guys.

Either org running a mentor program now?

Both organizations have networks of racers who can help to be a guide or mentor as you need to help guide you thru the process.

The only difference was RACE offered a discount to existing racers to encourage the process. This was referred to as the Mentor program and this is what has been discountinued.

Post in here or on RACE FB page and you will get lots of offers of help.

Renewed SOAR and bought RACE licenses today at bike show. Same number for both. Will be around hall 4 this afternoon.

Both organizations have networks of racers who can help to be a guide or mentor as you need to help guide you thru the process.

The only difference was RACE offered a discount to existing racers to encourage the process. This was referred to as the Mentor program and this is what has been discountinued.

Post in here or on RACE FB page and you will get lots of offers of help.

Thanks for the info, just signed up with SOAR today, lets see how it goes.

Renewed SOAR and bought RACE licenses today at bike show. Same number for both. Will be around hall 4 this afternoon.

Sounds great, will see you out there for sure O' wise one.

Thanks for the info, just signed up with SOAR today, lets see how it goes.
giphy.webp

Eye on the hourly forecast. Transponder is on the charger and the bike is in the van, but unless Saturday has at least some period of "not raining" by early afternoon Friday (departure time from here), I'm out. Family has plans on Sunday, which looks like the better day, but I'm not in charge of that schedule ...

Eye on the hourly forecast. Transponder is on the charger and the bike is in the van, but unless Saturday has at least some period of "not raining" by early afternoon Friday (departure time from here), I'm out. Family has plans on Sunday, which looks like the better day, but I'm not in charge of that schedule ...
I am assuming you got the dyno work done and this is the first time you actually get to give the new bike a run?

Never made it to the dyno. I have an air/fuel gauge mounted and a guess at a PowerCommander map in it. I haven't ridden it. Still haven't made the decision ...

Back
Top Bottom