Roof Boxer Helmets in the GTA | GTAMotorcycle.com

Roof Boxer Helmets in the GTA

They're not DOT-approved so they can't be sold in North America.

Really?

I read that the helmets ECE22-05 certification is not only the DOT equivalent but is approved in Canada.

Thanks for the link. That clarifies it.

We all learn something new everyday ;)

Alright. I want one.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Brooklyn Cycles when they were around in Whitby used to sell them. They occasionally pop up on Kijiji.

They might be getting harder to find. GP Bikes used to be able to special order them but a couple weeks ago they told me their distributor doesn't carry them anymore.

There's a site based out of Quebec selling them. Doesn't help find one locally, though.

I want to buy a Desmo.

So I found out that Toronto West Vespa has a few left in stock. https://www.vespatorontowest.com/

I went there and they had about 5. 2 Boxer V8's and the rest were Desmos I think. Nothing in the color or size I liked....also the sizing felt odd. Very difficult helmet to smush my head into but once inside a Medium was slightly too big and a small was much too small. Very odd.

Also at $600 a pop I was not that excited about them anymore. I thought they were less expensive.

The nice fellow at TorontoWestVespa said they won't be carrying them anymore and as far as he knows they won't be shipped to Canada anymore.

Also apparently in the states the Helmets are exactly road legal cause they don't carry a DOT cert.

That's all I could find out folks.

Buddy of mine just ordered his online. Looks great in real life, problem is there's no DOT sticker rating on the helmet.

Buddy of mine just ordered his online. Looks great in real life, problem is there's no DOT sticker rating on the helmet.
Probably because they aren't DOT rated.

So I found out that Toronto West Vespa has a few left in stock. https://www.vespatorontowest.com/

I went there and they had about 5. 2 Boxer V8's and the rest were Desmos I think. Nothing in the color or size I liked....also the sizing felt odd. Very difficult helmet to smush my head into but once inside a Medium was slightly too big and a small was much too small. Very odd.

Also at $600 a pop I was not that excited about them anymore. I thought they were less expensive.

The nice fellow at TorontoWestVespa said they won't be carrying them anymore and as far as he knows they won't be shipped to Canada anymore.

Also apparently in the states the Helmets are exactly road legal cause they don't carry a DOT cert.

That's all I could find out folks.

I picked up a Roof Boxer V8 Full Black just a few months ago from www.chromeburner.com

The helmet was shipped to me from the Netherlands and after all taxes it cost me $480 CAD. That total included the Dark Smoke visor as well.

Helmet is definitely very unique looking and I get complements on it all the time. I did remove all of the white decals on the left and right hinge areas.

Although the helmet isn't DOT approved, the ECE rating that it has is FULLY LEGAL in Canada.

The helmet is good for people with smaller heads, as the chin guard is pretty close when in the fully down position. Other than that, I find the helmet very comfortable and easy on my head and neck.

When I first got it, it was quite hard to put on and off, but now after a few months of use, the opening has widened and it has become infinitely easier.

I think it's a great helmet and it's unique styling is very eye catching.

Probably because they aren't DOT rated.

My friend (the one who bought one of these helmets) just got sideswiped by a car yesterday after leaving my place, the driver did a hit-and-run on him but a witness tracked the runner down.

We can with confidence tell you that this helmet has been field and crash tested and has received our "DOT"/Safety approval. LOLOLOLOL His helmet is done for and he'll probably have to get another one, he's only had it for 2 weeks too, brand new.

Bottom line is, it did the job and protected his head from impact. He didn't black-out or feel any head injuries.

Last edited:
My friend (the one who bought one of these helmets) just got sideswiped by a car yesterday after leaving my place, the driver did a hit-and-run on him but a witness tracked the runner down.

We can with confidence tell you that this helmet has been field and crash tested and has received our "DOT"/Safety approval. LOLOLOLOL His helmet is done for and he'll probably have to get another one, he's only had it for 2 weeks too, brand new.

Bottom line is, it did the job and protected his head from impact. He didn't black-out or feel any head injuries.
Never said it wasn't safe. I was just stating that I was well aware that it's not DOT rated. It's ECE rated though.

Back
Top Bottom