Spring?? WHo's got their bikes out .....or never put them away | GTAMotorcycle.com

Spring?? WHo's got their bikes out .....or never put them away

Was out a few weeks ago, but nothing regular. My bike is always ready, just unplug my BMW charger, which is a 1 second process and away I go. Next week looks good, hopefully the weather keeps going up.

I checked my fuel app logs (I track the L/100K and maintenance religiously for all our vehicles via an app) and I put over 2000K on my bike between mid October and when I last rode last weekend. A surprising number of those K were in December and February - January I only got out 1 day, maybe 50K or so, but it was rideable on the 27'th IIRC.

Next week looking great, hopefully this isn't just a tease and it comes back to bite us in the *** later in the month, but the long term forecast seems to suggest that...well, that's it, we're free and clear.

I went for my first ride of the year Sunday. First February ride of my life! Felt great!

Had mine out a few weeks ago so it's ready. But with 16cm of snow -- an more importantly big piles of it everywhere at curbs and roadsides -- here just starting to melt I think it'll be a bit before there's no talc-like salt powder and briny runoff to dodge and evade.

But those temperatures...

Was out last weekend. Took a ride up through Pickering, Raglan and up over Scugog Island. Very nice. Still a little cold but the heated vest and insoles really help.

I'm owed a couple of days so based on this I may take Monday and Tuesday

Not for another 2 1/2 weeks Bub. There is an inch of snow on the road, and four feet piled around my house. I don't have nails in my tires, so no. I am waiting for close to the official Spring.

Inexplicably I'm dead nuts centre between got their bike out and never put them away. SMHFML.

Still need a few good rains. Looks like there is some in the forecast for next week, but not sure if it will be enough to wash the roads nearly clean.

Three nighttime lows over 0C? Just what I was waiting for. The battery is tenderized and ready for Burger Time. Praise El Nino! That minivan's appetite for gasoline was threatening to eat my wallet alive. Back to $10/week.

Late March or early April for me. I still have upgrades and semi usual repairs to do. Plus there's too much sand/salt on the roads.

Three nighttime lows over 0C? Just what I was waiting for. The battery is tenderized and ready for Burger Time. Praise El Nino! That minivan's appetite for gasoline was threatening to eat my wallet alive. Back to $10/week.

That's good savings. The pig motorcycles I have are close to or worse mileage than my car.

Bike is up near Lindsay hibernating, in an unplowed storage yard. Mom is in hospital, in London, after having major, (10.5 hours in the OR), brain surgery less than two weeks ago. I think bike will be staying put for the time being.

Been constantly refreshing the forecast and maybe next weekend looks promising (March 12th), assuming we do get 2 days of 10-20mm of (hopefully hard) rain first. As much as I am anal about staying away from salt, I am a little less cautious this time of year, given if she does get a bit salty she's going to get washed again and again until the trucks are all put away...vs potentially sitting with salt film for 3-4 months of the year...

Also Hedo, hope your mom makes a fast recovery. Bikes are fun and keep us sane, but family is one of the most important things in life.

Just got insurance for my recently bought R3, hoping its clear enough to pick up the bike from the dealership saturday, or the week after for the jaunt home

Going out shortly, just enough to heat up the oil for an oil change. Looks like Tuesday is a ride to work day for me.

Back
Top Bottom