Looking to Race with SOAR | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Looking to Race with SOAR

I was a dominate bike that has many other options. With the influx of smaller machines from Honda, Kawi and KTM it just made sense and NO nobody complained we make rule corrections every year and this is just one of them.

Sure....

Are you still allowing 500cc street based 2 strokes? 250 and 125 GP bikes?

Because those are all LWT superbike eligible and would mop the floor with a RC390/EX300/CBR300/etc....??

The LWT superbike class should be changed to Open 550.

550cc inline 4s
350cc 2 strokes
unilimited singles

If you want a fair battle ground for the FZR400....

Sure....

Are you still allowing 500cc street based 2 strokes? 250 and 125 GP bikes?

Because those are all LWT superbike eligible and would mop the floor with a RC390/EX300/CBR300/etc....??

The LWT superbike class should be changed to Open 550.

550cc inline 4s
350cc 2 strokes
unilimited singles

If you want a fair battle ground for the FZR400....

Read my last post. It explains my position. The non-existent two strokes are a non-issue. If all of a sudden we see an influx we simply resurrect the Formula Two Stroke class. But I cant see that EVER happening.

Read my last post. It explains my position. The non-existent two strokes are a non-issue. If all of a sudden we see an influx we simply resurrect the Formula Two Stroke class. But I cant see that EVER happening.

So the moment a guy shows up on an RS250 (like what happened at Shannonville this year) you will just change the rules...seems like a great idea.

Why not build classes that dont need to be changed every day, depending on who brings what bike?

Tell you what 289-312-0811 is the number. Call me and I will explain this to you I am not entertaining an online debate

Best bang for your buck would be endurance. Grab a couple friends to reduce cost and your bike will still be competitive.

What about the best track time for your buck/loon consideration? I love racing but my prior series' sprints were 10 laps.....4-5 laps for the money is like paying double (even considering the USD because of the pricing and HST)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm that FZR racer.

My suggestion to SV owners about being taken out of LW SB ... Don't complain. The SV650 owners still have Battle of the Twins Lightweight as a primary class (in which it will be a competitive front-runner) and quite a few others as decent secondary classes. With the SV legal for LW SB, the FZR400 has NO classes in which it is competitive. With the SV out of that class, I have a class in which it is competitive and one other (Vintage) in which I can enter but (typically) be beaten by larger-displacement bikes. And, taking the SVs out of LW SB makes that class more attractive to owners of RC390, Ninja 300, R3, etc., all of which have pretty much NO chance against an SV650 assuming more-or-less equal riders.

It's better to give everyone one "good" class instead of some riders two "good" and other riders none ...

I won the LW SB championship last year but it was only because the SV owners for the most part didn't realize that their bikes were legal.

And I've ridden an SV650 on the track. And I've seen built SV650s giving 600cc 4 cylinder bikes fits. I really don't care what WERA calls a Lightweight Superbike.

LW SB is meant for FZR400, RZ350, EX500, RC390, R3, CBR500, etc.

See you out there.

(Also curious about which series got its season cancelled, first I've heard of it)

But SV650 type bikes don't have a class to be dominant if BOTT LW allows the pushrod bike.

In BOTT LW SV650 doesn't have a chance if Pushrod bikes show up.

You are saying your FZR doesn't have a chance in LW SB if SV650s show up.

So we push SV650s out of LW SB to be uncompetitive in BOTT LW?

well one thing is for sure - the class discussions are the same in all race orgs. unfortunately the ones closest to the org manager win.

we had a disagreement over the 300s too but they were ultimately paired up with 250 superbike which ran at the same time as but podiumed separately from stock 250s.

as far as the FZR goes it would be in a vintage class that ran at the same time as say twin superbike but podiumed separately.

IMO the vintage bikes should just accept the fact that they will have to be a subclass that runs simultaneously.

You guys race some seriously old bikes and should be happy you have your own green flag and checker for how small a grid it sounds like this class has.

I guess with having the manual lap time recording I could see this being an vintage scene.

well one thing is for sure - the class discussions are the same in all race orgs. unfortunately the loudest or closest to the org manager wins.

we had a disagreement over the 300s too but they were ultimately paired up with 250 superbike which ran at the same time as but podiumed separately from stock 250s.

as far as the FZR goes it would be in a vintage class that ran at the same time as say twin superbike but podiumed separately.

IMO the vintage bikes should just accept the fact that they will have to be a subclass that runs simultaneously.

You guys race some seriously old bikes and should be happy you have your own green flag and checker for how small a grid it sounds like this class has.

I guess with having the manual lap time recording I could see this being an vintage scene.

The Vintage racing in Canada has the Largest grids across the country fyi...35-40 bikes per grid. So of course guys like Brian and Myself like to race in other orgs for more seat time so we go to the other orgs like RACE (shannonville) and SOAR (Grand bend).

Come with your SV to the R.A.C.E super series at Shannonville, you will be able to run in LWT superbike there.

Edit- and just to clear things up...RACE and the VRRA (vintage racing association) both use transponders. SOAR are the only old school timers

Last edited:
That should be changing this year, although certainly Kneedragger88 would be in a better position to answer that properly. The system was being tested last year. It's different from the (insanely expensive and in my experience unreliable) system that VRRA and RACE use.

But SV650 type bikes don't have a class to be dominant if BOTT LW allows the pushrod bike.

What pushrod bikes?

Number of bikes with pushrod engines actually entered in the last couple years at SOAR: 0.

Yes, the theoretical possibility exists, but it has not been a practical reality.

As it stands right now with the bikes that are actually showing up, the primary class for a SV650 is BOTT LW, the primary class for a Fizzer 400 (or any of the newer 300cc bikes) is LWSB.

(and by the way I think you have a fair point with the lack of displacement limit for pushrod engines in BOTT LW ... there's no way a Buell with a 1200cc engine is a lightweight bike ... But none of them have been showing up anyway. If it were up to me I'd pre-emptively change that rule, but it isn't)

2 were dominating lap times by 3 seconds a lap at RACE

What pushrod bikes?

Number of bikes with pushrod engines actually entered in the last couple years at SOAR: 0.

Yes, the theoretical possibility exists, but it has not been a practical reality.

As it stands right now with the bikes that are actually showing up, the primary class for a SV650 is BOTT LW, the primary class for a Fizzer 400 (or any of the newer 300cc bikes) is LWSB.

(and by the way I think you have a fair point with the lack of displacement limit for pushrod engines in BOTT LW ... there's no way a Buell with a 1200cc engine is a lightweight bike ... But none of them have been showing up anyway. If it were up to me I'd pre-emptively change that rule, but it isn't)

Buells?

I agree with you that those shouldn't be in Lightweight Twins. That is pretty easily a 100 hp engine, which is in Heavyweight Twins territory.

Complaining about the way the class structure is set up is as old as racing, and no matter how you do it there will always be some bikes that are optimum for the class and others that don't really fit into the structure very well.

Buells?

I agree with you that those shouldn't be in Lightweight Twins. That is pretty easily a 100 hp engine, which is in Heavyweight Twins territory.

Complaining about the way the class structure is set up is as old as racing, and no matter how you do it there will always be some bikes that are optimum for the class and others that don't really fit into the structure very well.

111hp Actually.

Not to mention a BMW 1150GS....

Sorry Brian, I find your statement ironic given your desire to remove SV650s from LW SB class. I am not trying to be argumentative.

That should be changing this year, although certainly Kneedragger88 would be in a better position to answer that properly. The system was being tested last year. It's different from the (insanely expensive and in my experience unreliable) system that VRRA and RACE use.

Since I started racing I haven't experienced a day where there was an issue with either RACE or CSBK using the AMB system.

Since I started racing I haven't experienced a day where there was an issue with either RACE or CSBK using the AMB system.

I have. It never picked up me on any of my laps. But then, it might have been that my transponder was on my other bike that was still in the paddocks. :)

111hp Actually.

or an untuned 116hp (in calgary) one, that won the csbk twins championship, thats currently for sale, and broke the track record. ya I know the limit was 95hp and it was damn hard to get to that every weekend. man those bikes are fun.

Back
Top Bottom