Bike Damaged by one of GTAM's Sponsored Dealers. | Page 2 | GTAMotorcycle.com

Bike Damaged by one of GTAM's Sponsored Dealers.

Yup.

I'd be ****** if I dropped off the bike nice and clean and came back looking like that. Never mind any actual damage.
yeah really. at least give it a wipe

Thanks, for the support. I feel for all the other bike owners whose bikes are being neglected and out in the snow while waiting for service.

Snow isn't going to hurt the bike however it's pretty clear that a 2min wipe down would remove anything left behind after it melted. That's not how you return a customers bike.

Thanks, dricked, but when was the last time you left your bike out in the snow? Me - NEVER! That is just bad treatment of our bikes and bad business practice.

No secret . I drive by gp bikes and there are bikes outside year round .

No secret . I drive by gp bikes and there are bikes outside year round .

Do they actually leave them outside at night? I thought it was to show off their used bikes for sale, but would be brought inside at night. I have never been by GP bikes when they were closed..

Do they actually leave them outside at night? I thought it was to show off their used bikes for sale, but would be brought inside at night. I have never been by GP bikes when they were closed..

I can't say if they store them outside at night, the photo of mine covered in snow was about mid day. Still no way to treat our bikes.

SeaBreez,

Good luck going after them if it is the previous mentioned 2 letter dealership. There is nothing more unsettling then a bike coming back damaged after storage/servicing.

The reality is there are not a lot of shops left in the business and they can get away with murder these days as they are more customers for service then there are dealers to service them ( if you include all the bikes on the road).

The dealer I use in Toronto has a large storage room for bikes ( inside) lol.

That "dealership" sucks in every way imaginable and i wouldnt buy ch it from them even on fire sale or service a moped there.

BB

Last edited:

I've driven by GP on a sunday on the way to Royal, they didn't have any bikes outside then.

Thanks, dricked, but when was the last time you left your bike out in the snow? Me - NEVER! That is just bad treatment of our bikes and bad business practice.

It doesn't but it sees rain and yours has too. My point is that if they had of made a small amount of effort to clean it off before you picked it up there would have been no harm done and you'd be a happy customer (minus the damage). If the bike's stored inside it'll most likely have dust on it which should also be wiped off before being returned to the customer unless the bike came in dirty then it should leave dirty.

The bikes at GP are stored indoors during off hours.

Kitchener Harley was the most impressive dealer I have ever dealt with. I brought my bike in for service and waited for it to be done. They wouldn't let me have it until their detailer washed and waxed it before returning it to me. And that was just for a warranty tire replacement!

I think everybody wants there stuff treated with respect and the customer certainly deserves that but if you're particularly sensitive about your 100 point concours ride don't assume anything. Address your concerns ahead of time and do a walk around the bike with service manager before signing off. Take pictures in their presence and reiterate your concerns. Going forward there will be a palpable buzz thru out the entire shop the whole time your bike is on the premises. Godspeed.

OP damage sucks, i'll give you that.

But let's face it. If a dealer has little space their hands are tied. I bought my bike at sturgess, tiny showroom. Warranty repair had me leaving my brand new >1month old bike at their shop for the greater part of a week and you bet it got rained on. Frustrated me at first but I let it slide, I got it back to that showroom shine in no time. I also let slide a 3 inch long surface scratch on one of my header pipes (warranty work required removal of the headers), but once I got home there's little that I could've done.

I've learned take photos, do a walkaround pre and post with the service writer, go to Adrian (lol)

Snow isn't going to hurt the bike however it's pretty clear that a 2min wipe down would remove anything left behind after it melted. That's not how you return a customers bike.

I wasn't going to say it, but..I agree. It's just snow. Do people's bikes never get rained on in the summer? Arguably snow is *less* of an issue vs rain IMHO because if it's brushed or blown off before melting there's really not even a moisture result after the fact.

I also agree that the bike should have been returned clean, however. No excuse for that.

The damage, unacceptable, I will agree.

Both the damage and dirty issue make me want to bother even less with GP than I already do. My last experience there was pretty dismal.

Last edited:
I think everybody wants there stuff treated with respect and the customer certainly deserves that but if you're particularly sensitive about your 100 point concours ride don't assume anything. Address your concerns ahead of time and do a walk around the bike with service manager before signing off. Take pictures in their presence and reiterate your concerns. Going forward there will be a palpable buzz thru out the entire shop the whole time your bike is on the premises. Godspeed.
Good points.
It doesn't but it sees rain and yours has too. My point is that if they had of made a small amount of effort to clean it off before you picked it up there would have been no harm done and you'd be a happy customer (minus the damage). If the bike's stored inside it'll most likely have dust on it which should also be wiped off before being returned to the customer unless the bike came in dirty then it should leave dirty.

The bikes at GP are stored indoors during off hours.
Not for bikes but my auto mechanic will not let a vehicle leave without at least a quick hose down. He feels that this represents how he does his work. Fwiw, you could eat off of his shop floor.
Kitchener Harley was the most impressive dealer I have ever dealt with. I brought my bike in for service and waited for it to be done. They wouldn't let me have it until their detailer washed and waxed it before returning it to me. And that was just for a warranty tire replacement!
This.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Fwiw, you could eat off of his shop floor.

Sent from a Samsung Galaxy far, far away using Tapatalk

Why am I not surprised that you noticed that?

You get good, and you get bad at every dealer / shop / store. No one is perfect, no one is all terrible.

Sucks about your bike and I would be pretty ****** too if it was mine sitting out in the snow.

FWIW, the last time I had my bike in at GP they gave it a full detail for free.

Talk the manager. Hopefully it gets sorted out to your satisfaction.

Wow, I think that is the most coherent and genuine post I've ever read from you . . . what have you done with the real inreb ;P

Wow, I think that is the most coherent and genuine post I've ever read from you . . . what have you done with the real inreb ;P

Thanx. I'm going to go back and read and your old posts. Maybe I can counter with a genuine compliment as well. BTW, I know another Paulo.

Back
Top Bottom