EBR Back at it Again | Page 3 | GTAMotorcycle.com

EBR Back at it Again

So? What did they say?

At first they thought I was a Nigerian scam.. lol.. but eventually they believed I was a real person..

They would give me about 7000 USD for my bike. Which is a lot more in CAD. I would then pay the difference. I asked about parts and stuff, they told me there is no support for this bike right now. I would have to find or buy parts on my own. No word from EBR if they will support the 14 models. The dealer didn't know. The 16 models being made now apparently will be supported through a new set of dealers. I might just wait and see what comes of this new line being put together right now. I think it may be too early to judge whether or not I can rely on being able to find parts if there ever is an issue. I want to see what he does this time around, maybe he'll be able to create a long lasting company finally. I really like the EBR, its a ridiculous bike for the $. But if its going to cost me 18K USD for a new 16, then I may as well consider all other bikes in that same price. RSV4, HP4 etc.. Apparently the '16 models will be priced aggressively.. bottom line will be the price..

EBR should find an existing business partner in the industry to run the distribution/retail aspects, and leave Erik strictly to the engineering side of things. A company like RSD that has proven hugely effective at marketing and getting their products into customers' hands

My post was tongue-in-cheek. You should see the junk I ride, I'm even further down the pecking order. Much further.

No kidding eh, my newest bike is 12 years old. While I of course want the latest and greatest, there is no point as mine do exactly what I want (although the SV could handle nicer at the limit).

That being said, when I saw these 1190's at Feracci in Philly, I had to mop up my drool off the floor.

So? What did they say?

When I emailed EBR in March regarding Canadian dealers the response was:

EBR said:
It is not in the plan to have dealers in Canada this year. However we are in the process of getting the needed documentation to Transport Canada such that a 2016 EBR can be purchased in the US by a Canadian resident and will be recognized as OK for registration in Canada.

If true, that would be a good sign for EBRers. Their liquidity-minded owners wouldn't bother with a mickey-mouse market like Canada if there wasn't a plan beyond pump n' dump. On the other hand, it could be a canned response given to all non-US residents while the pump is being primed. #inrebrules

EBR will need to do the paperwork with the Canadian government. Looking at the RIV rules, you can't import one and register it at the moment.

I have also expressed some interest and this is the email I got back from EBR about a week ago:

Jacob,

Thanks very much for your interest in the new EBR's.

Unfortunately at the moment we do not have any dealers there. We have verified that a Canadian rider can buy a bike in the US and register it in Canada, because it has been done, but there are some forms needed that the buyer has to fill out for Transport Canada. If you are interested in that we can do our best to help.

As far as parts availability for Buells, we are not permitted to provide any OE components. Harley-Davidson, who owns Buell, is the only legal provider of such parts. We do make a few race parts for them, but that is all we are permitted to do.

Dual sport/adventure will be coming, but can't give you a date.

We surely appreciate the support.

Sincerely,
EBR Motorcycles Customer Support

Back
Top Bottom