EBR Back at it Again | GTAMotorcycle.com

EBR Back at it Again

BigEvilDoer

Just my 2 cents...EB should focus on making quality mainstream sport cruisers for the future market.
Take the best features from current bikes and improve where possible.
Focus on quality and style and he will win. Also take care of the customer.

If a tree falls in the forest, and doesn't make a sound, is it now called a Buell?

I'd like to see a motor company take the vow of engineering celibacy. Maybe Buell would be a good fit seeing how they ****** themselves/been ****** and ****** up so many times already. Build one model each sport bike and naked. 130-140 reliable horses, basic electronic nanny and the main selling feature, commitment to no changes for minimum 10 year production run. Build a cult following of riders who understand enough is enough. Create a line of custom parts for owners to individualize and upgrade their bikes. Official and rogue clubs will form, gurus will sprout like monsanto beans.

Srsly, they should name their next new offering the Zombie. That's what this company now makes me think of...

I'd like to see a motor company take the vow of engineering celibacy. Maybe Buell would be a good fit seeing how they ****** themselves/been ****** and ****** up so many times already. Build one model each sport bike and naked. 130-140 reliable horses, basic electronic nanny and the main selling feature, commitment to no changes for minimum 10 year production run. Build a cult following of riders who understand enough is enough. Create a line of custom parts for owners to individualize and upgrade their bikes. Official and rogue clubs will form, gurus will sprout like monsanto beans.

mon satan beans ?

Actually a very cool idea.

already done, I think its called Harley-Davidson.

already done, I think its called Harley-Davidson.

There are parallels to what I propose. The difference is that Buell competes in a market where annual technical advances are expected but not really needed. Go after the customer who wants an exciting motoring product but who sees value in stability and continuity. But most of all Buell needs to get off the ground. Right now the name has no cache which is fairly important in the premium performance category.

Go after the customer who wants an exciting motoring product but who sees value in stability and continuity.
I hear what you're saying, but this will be the fourth time that the customer will tell Buell/EBR that they don't want his bikes.

I hear what you're saying, but this will be the fourth time that the customer will tell Buell/EBR that they don't want his bikes.

Eliminate the main reasons they don't want the bikes. Cost, instability and funky design. Do that by long unchanged production run (amortize tooling costs over long term and next to zero R+D) and a promise of parts availability due to unchanged design.

Eliminate the main reasons they don't want the bikes. Cost, instability and funky design. Do that by long unchanged production run (amortize tooling costs over long term and next to zero R+D) and a promise of parts availability due to unchanged design.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Past history is not indication of future performance, but this is a classic example of insanity...doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Even when they broke away from HD they still had the same results.

There is not enough market demand for an American sport bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would argue there is absolutely a market for an American Sport bike, build a cool styled limited production bike. Make it cost stupid money and make it 'exclusive'. I would think that model has much better chance than production sport bike. Think Britten.

Yeah, that's not gonna happen.
Past history is not indication of future performance, but this is a classic example of insanity...doing the same thing repeatedly and expecting different results. Even when they broke away from HD they still had the same results.

There is not enough market demand for an American sport bike.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not sure where you're coming from, my proposal is 180 degree from past history specifically because of past history. Classic insanity example does not apply. This is a different type of insanity.

I would argue there is absolutely a market for an American Sport bike, build a cool styled limited production bike. Make it cost stupid money and make it 'exclusive'. I would think that model has much better chance than production sport bike. Think Britten.

Ronin and Confederate and to a lesser extent Motus come to mind immediately. So build a bike that's basically no better, just different, than what's already out there and charge 1000% premium for exclusivity. Check.

Do they still race 1340 cc buells in 600cc class? Might want to up your technology a bit lol.

Write a cheque for $100.00, sign it with a .99 bic pen or a MontBlanc $379.00 pen , cheque is still only worth $100.00

The fashion business of motorbikes is beyond me, however it is hard to argue the success of 'premium brands', make it special , it will sell.

Buell is just an awful name, sorry eric

Back
Top Bottom